Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hello friends!  (Read 2636 times)

Arctostaphylos

• Trading Score: +4
Hello friends!
« on: April 12, 2014, 07:24:58 PM »

Hey guys! Coming from beautiful coastal Southern California here. I am also a plant enthusiast as you all are. I love identifying plants, reading about their ecosystem interactions and I'm also keen on studying their biochemistry with implications from nutrition to medicine. I suppose I'm saying that I appreciate a holistic and integrative study of this kingdom from ethnobotany to molecular interactions. And of course, far from just an area of study.. plants are friends that I value more for the experiences they confer - be it climbing them, eating them, or reading under them - I value these as highly as the parcels of information we 'discover'.
At the moment, I'm ashamed to say I don't grow very much. I have 6-7 different Echinopsis sp., some various Crassulaceans, Aloes, rosemary, lavender, a Mammilaria and some other smalls succulents.. as per my droughted county. I spent a month working on an organic Cacao farm in Belize last summer and the plants life down there is thrilling! I've grown vegetables when I was younger, but have not for years aside from some tomatoes and strawberries last year. I plan to dig up a small plot soon.
Anyhow, that's a little about me and my botanical experiences. I'm always taking pictures and will try and post some cool natives soon. I am also photographing my Trichocereus every few days as its on its way to flowering and I think the sequence  will be neat!
Best

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +929
  • Tye dyed spirit
Re: Hello friends!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 07:32:50 PM »

Welcome to sts! Hope you find this place as awesome as we do! Peace
Spreading love!

Frog Pajamas

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +576
  • Zone 7A
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 09:50:08 PM »

Welcome to STS!

Seed Collector

• Slow but reliable
  • Trading Score: +93
  • Oklevueha Native American Church Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 11:20:22 PM »

Hello Arctostaphylos, and welcome to ShareTheSeeds.

Thank you for joining. I look forward to sharing with you  :)

Greentoe

• Trading Score: +238
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 01:21:42 AM »

Welcome to STS!