Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Save Kratom  (Read 7483 times)

LIBERTYNY

• Trading Score: +85
Save Kratom
« on: February 13, 2016, 07:33:24 PM »

Kratom is faceing being outlawed in many states, and is already illegal in several . Kratom bills are pending in NY, NJ, Kentucky, Michigan, Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, New Hampshire, India, Wisconsin, and Im sure im forgeting more as well as more in the future.

If you care for plants please contact your rep's and voice your opinion before it's to late.
III%

Urban Elements

• αγρότης κάνναβης (50Tree)
  • Trader
  • Trading Score: +21
  • Organized Confusion!
Re: Save Kratom
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 07:53:10 PM »

If you contact any officials over this, please rough draft, read, and re-read again. Make sure your points are factual and have no wording that makes you sound like a user.
“Animals are something invented by plants to move seeds around. An extremely yang solution to a peculiar problem which they faced.”
– Terence McKenna

LIBERTYNY

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 08:16:23 PM »

American Kratom Association  ---   http://www.americankratom.org/

Botanical legal Defence   ---    http://www.botanicallegaldefense.org/

The above 2 organizations have quite a few pro-kratom articles as well as some petitions (poorly writen in my opinion) but better than nothing. Also post the adress and numbers to the politicans that need to be contacted.

Theirs nothing wrong with long well thought out speches, But in the end I think that a simple statment that you dont support the outlawing of kratom and will not vote for someone how does is all that is needed.  But thats my opinion, and Im happy for anyone that can help in any way

It's worth noteing that may politicians mistakenly believe kratom to be some type of synthetic 'RC' type of chemical like bath salts and plant food. and some of the pending bills reference kratom as a synthetic.  Also some states/area's in the past have compromised with a 18 or 21 or older only mandate.     
III%

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +929
  • Tye dyed spirit
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 01:10:31 AM »

Just this past week FL yet again did not come to a decision on Kratom and postponed the bill until next year. This has apparently happened the last several years too. Even if they do pass the law it looks like it'll be age based most likely. I don't agree with any law but can settle for an age restriction instead of an outright ban.

Lots of support here though so there's at least a fight. At least  I've got a year before getting nervous again lol.
Spreading love!

LIBERTYNY

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 01:30:21 AM »

Arkansas just scheduled it out of no wear

With all the current bills pending all of the sudden, it seems like something is going on behind the scenes
III%

FewTrueSeed

• Many Meiosis
  • Trading Score: +134
  • Fungophile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 04:33:47 AM »

Waste of time and money. Prohibition never worked!
Never portray yourself to betray yourself, there is no I in self.

https://mycotek.org/index.php?members/fewtrueseed.1965/

LIBERTYNY

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2016, 05:49:54 AM »

Waste of time and money. Prohibition never worked!

At least not for the citizens . . .
III%

oplopanax

• Trading Score: +139
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2016, 10:21:28 PM »

Yeah, prohibition works great for the prison industry...
No living organism should be illegal.

Mr. seeds

• Trading Score: 13
  • JSK
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2016, 07:32:46 AM »

Sad to hear... I haven't heard anything going on in MO. We need to look at the bigger picture of getting a constitutional amendment making prohibition a violation of our rights. But i commend and honor anyone fighting to keep kratom legal.
life is like a seed; sometimes in order to grow you have to be dropped in dirt, covered by darkness, and struggle for light. The answer is the light in the darkness...

Mr. seeds

• JSK
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2016, 07:36:47 AM »

I wish i lived in Ireland or Portugal... I mean i'm not going to move there because i want to fight to end prohibition but it sucks man... prohibition is this constant unrelenting bullshit attack on our basic freedoms as people. "Keep our children safe" yeah right... It's about profiteering and literally is rooted in racism and while i don't want to get too terribly worked up about it it's crap. I'm not going to let something this backwards get me down though. We as people aren't handed our rights we have to fight for them.
life is like a seed; sometimes in order to grow you have to be dropped in dirt, covered by darkness, and struggle for light. The answer is the light in the darkness...

Mr. seeds

• JSK
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2016, 07:40:47 AM »

We could organize the amendment state by state like with what Wolf-PAC is doing with campaign finance reform. Think about the future goal and what that would accomplish. I know for one that the U.S. people are tired of prohibition because it's done nothing to keep us safe and has failed time and time again...

LIBERTYNY

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2016, 04:24:51 PM »

Sad to hear... I haven't heard anything going on in MO. We need to look at the bigger picture of getting a constitutional amendment making prohibition a violation of our rights. But i commend and honor anyone fighting to keep kratom legal.

If we followed the constitution in the first place we would not have this problem in the first place.  (Tenth Amendment)
III%

plantlight

• pl -- for short
  • Trading Score: +73
  • Invisible Man in a Fluorescent Suit
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2016, 04:46:43 PM »

I'm thinking that there is always the possibility of changing ones place of residence.  I know it's a bit drastic but it's one I have used in the past and am considering using once again in the future.  Sad it has to be that way but it does provide options.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 04:56:26 PM by plantlight »
"Nature is the great visible engine of creativity, against which all other creative efforts are measured.” - T. McKenna