Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: root knot nematode organic pesticide  (Read 3521 times)

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +929
  • Tye dyed spirit
root knot nematode organic pesticide
« on: November 01, 2014, 12:23:25 AM »

I must say I cannot take credit here if this is really good stuff as a cool guy mentioned it to me and its certainly worth sharing if it works.
Perhaps there are more uses than just the root knot nematode but I have yet to even try this yet but maybe someone here has. The poisonous china berry tree common in Florida can be made into a tea to saturate the soil around infested plants. Supposedly has stuff in it similar to neem but is nastier on the bugs.

Strip several large compound leaves of the china berry tree and soak for a few hours in plain water. Drench infected plants with solution. I could imagine it may be an effective foliar spray if it acts at all like neem or even if not if its just pretty poisonous.

Was told if used on root crops don't eat them within a few days of application just to be safe.

Hope it works! Let me know if anybody already knows and/or does this!

Peace
Spreading love!

New Wisdom

• Professional Cactus Hoarder
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +223
  • Zone 6B
Re: root knot nematode organic pesticide
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 12:40:09 AM »

I have used beneficial nematodes several times. I treat all my indoor plants when winter starts to come every year just to kill off any creatures that try to sneak into my warm house plants. If any infestations take hold that have soil dwelling larvae I also will treat with beneficial nematodes.  I have never used the china berry solution though, so I can't say if that works.  If you ever try it let us know!
Cactus = Life