Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Is this kanna virus?  (Read 5510 times)

The Clam

• Trading Score: +20
Is this kanna virus?
« on: December 27, 2016, 03:51:28 AM »

Is this kanna virus disease? I noticed my kanna sprout has had a few leaves get mushy (I cut them off) and I noticed this indent in 1 pair of the 2 leaves that get mushy before it happens. I think its root rot or damping off or overwatering but I just wanted to make sure that the kanna plants im sprouting later don't get infected by anything.

LIBERTYNY

• Trading Score: +85
Re: Is this kanna virus?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 08:11:07 PM »

No clue if its a virus

But this time of year cold damage, will look like that.

Interestingly enough mine all died of the same thing in the last 6 months, most were seedlings and one was about 1 year old.  My previous kanna plant grew like a weed for years under the same exact conditions - So im realy not sure what killed them.
III%

Psylocke

• Curandero
  • Trading Score: +56
  • Howdy Y'all
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 09:46:55 PM »

Can't tell much from that pic. In my experience, they really don't like wet feet. My step mother killed one of mine by putting it in a tray of water to water it from the bottom. I use a very well drained cactus soil with washed coarse sand and/or decomposed granite and let them completely dry out between waterings. My guess is probably root rot.
Undergoing the formality of being alive.

The Clam

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 03:26:19 AM »

No clue if its a virus

But this time of year cold damage, will look like that.

Interestingly enough mine all died of the same thing in the last 6 months, most were seedlings and one was about 1 year old.  My previous kanna plant grew like a weed for years under the same exact conditions - So im realy not sure what killed them.

Yeah, I was thinking the cold had something to do with it

The Clam

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 03:26:46 AM »

Can't tell much from that pic. In my experience, they really don't like wet feet. My step mother killed one of mine by putting it in a tray of water to water it from the bottom. I use a very well drained cactus soil with washed coarse sand and/or decomposed granite and let them completely dry out between waterings. My guess is probably root rot.

Do you think the plant is saveable?

Psylocke

• Curandero
  • Howdy Y'all
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 04:32:29 AM »

Cold... Yeah, that could have something to do with it. I lost a couple last summer due to extreme heat. I don't think they are fond of cold either. They are native to a region of South Africa were temps don't vary a lot. I grow mine indoors these days were the climate is more easily controlled. Haven't had a problem with indoor growing.

Psylocke

• Curandero
  • Howdy Y'all
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 04:39:28 AM »

Get some air circulation going and let the soil dry out completely between waterings. I wouldn't try anything drastic. From what I can tell, it doesn't look too bad but the pic is kinda blurry.

The Clam

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2016, 08:52:42 AM »

Okay, il be sure to do that. I lost the heat so the kanna was staying in the high 50's