Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hello Folks!  (Read 2726 times)

fairdinkumseeds

• Trading Score: +545
  • May you reap exactly what you sow......
Hello Folks!
« on: September 04, 2013, 01:46:54 PM »

Well that was way harder than it should have been, and first I better apologize for breaking the rules!!!
Off to a good start :-[ Sorry Mandrake/Admin/Everyone....
Just cant get the hang of all this internet stuff, and was honestly thinking it might be a Win8 issue (my inability to reply to msgs)
I just swapped over from Win7, not that that's a decent excuse.

Anyway, Me and Mrs have a wide ranging collection of stuff here in sunny Queensland Australia.
Little town near Bundaberg, but before you ask, sorry no visitors. (I always say for insurance reasons, but me and the Mrs aren't real social either)
Heaps of stuff, but nothing that takes years as we are only renting a rocky, dry, bush block.
I figure its not much point planting trees or slow growing cacti if we wont be on the property when they are ready for harvest!
Check out our Facebook page if you want. (of course "Liking" If you do Like it!)
Mostly wildlife pics, cool insects, and how we grow our standard vegies, but I plan on adding more stuff about our cooler plants as time goes on.
Be sure to contact us if you want to trade/barter/swap stuff.
Its my absolute favorite way to get cool new stuff!
I have acquired a  bit of experience with importation and export of plants and seeds, so if you ever need to check the legalities in OZ I can point you in the right direction.
I really struggled with all the paperwork nonsense when we started out a couple years ago, but I sort of have the hang of it now. Well sort of....
Most of our collection is from old style Vegetables, Herbs, Flowers, but we are trying hard to acquire more Medicinal and Bushtucker plants as time goes on.
If you have something unique, definitely let me know, even if its not something most folk here wouldn't be interested in.
We are pretty flat out at the moment, Spring planting and all, and I am getting anywhere from30-100 emails a day, so don't take offence if I don't reply quickly, or if your message gets lost in the pack.
If I haven't replied in 48hrs, that's generally what has happened, so resend the msg, and don't be too angry at me, please....
Also we have a very dodgy satellite internet connection, which means if its cloudy or raining, forget it. No phone either, fortunately/unfortunately?

So yeah, got a few cool things, but you can never have enough plants I reckon!
VERY open to trade/swap/barter, both here and overseas!
I don't have a green thumb, but I am pretty bloody determined, which makes up for it most of the time.

I guess that's a big enough wall of text and enough rambling for the moment.
Excited to meet everyone!
Hope everyone is having a rocking day!!!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 02:57:33 PM by fairdinkumseeds »
Sucks, but AU-OS trade isn't cost effective or reliable anymore. Aussie trade encouraged, especially for cactus, dragonfruit, and colour fruited columns.
Hit me up! --> fairdinkumseeds.com/contact

Mandrake

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +13
Re: Hello Folks!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 02:22:25 PM »

Thank you for the nice intro, and for the pictures shared :)

Now you can now access all the site features and send PMs. If you have any doubts about the forum, keep in mind our FAQ post - or simply ask.

I hope you find interesting things in our community. Looking forward to hear about your experiences.

Welcome to STS,

Mandrake

Seed Collector

• Slow but reliable
  • Trading Score: +93
  • Oklevueha Native American Church Member
Re: Hello Folks!
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 03:44:39 PM »

Hello.

Thanks for joining. Enjoy STS, and be sure to check the place out; interesting stuff here.