Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Glad to have found STS!  (Read 5282 times)

Doc_Iggy

Glad to have found STS!
« on: August 27, 2013, 09:04:46 AM »

Hello fellow members,

I have been interested in ethnobotanicals for a couple of years, however their cultivation is a relatively recent desire.

My goal is to propagate at least two species: Diplopterys cabrerana and Alicia anisopetala and do so in an environment created to match their natural environment.

I have located online sources for both seeds and live specimens of Alicia anisopetala, but a source for Diplopterys cabrerana eludes me.

My botanical experience includes growing narcissus and amaryllis bulbs, plus container gardening of tomatoes, cucumbers, watermelon and brussels sprouts.

I plan on sharing with this forum the details of my projects as they take form and will gladly welcome any input from its members.

Thanks for having me,

Doc_Iggy

Misfit Right In

New Wisdom

• Professional Cactus Hoarder
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +223
  • Zone 6B
Re: Glad to have found STS!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 09:52:07 AM »

Hello Doc_Iggy! Welcome to STS my friend. 

I am also glad that you found this place.  Please take a few minutes to check out the FAQ and Rules if you can and look around the forum.  You can easily become a full member by contributing in some way to the forum (posting pictures in the plant or seed galleries, posting useful information, ect...)

We are definitely all looking for some Diplopterys cabrerana to grow.  There were some issues when the vendor kiwiboancaya got "Diplopterys cabrerana" in stock. Turned out it really wasn't and some people had issues with the orders.  I hope and pray that you or one of us finds it soon.  I just find it odd that you can get dried plant material almost anywhere but no fresh leaf cuttings or anything! 

Anyways, Welcome and enjoy.  :)
Cactus = Life

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +929
  • Tye dyed spirit
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 02:13:13 PM »

Welcome man! I'm still new myself. What I can tell you about the plants you seek are that there are some out there. The Alicia anispetala are viable from kiwi right now. I had got some a little over a month ago and have five seedlings so far. He claims to have cabrerana but like the above poster said others have had problems so I haven't tried. I have ordered several seeds from them and most species are viable. The white ayahuasca is not however. Anyway he told one guy I know a $100 for cabrerana cuttings but never sent him one after he paid and the buyer had issues getting money back. He offered me personally a cutting for 350 but that's a lot to loose. I have heard he sometimes charges 500 but who knows. I think he throws random prices at people depending on how much you brother him. Hope that helps. Peace
Spreading love!

Mandrake

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +13
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 12:01:57 AM »

Thanks to you for coming :)

I hope to see you soon around the forum.

Welcome to STS,

Mandrake

PermieGing

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +11
  • Grow the future of humanity!
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 12:21:53 AM »

Kiwi, or his site/business partners, are sketch. From what ive heard, hes not very respectable as a business.

However, i have heard a few good things about him, and he does have quite an inventory for cheap (aside from 500$ cuttings?!?!)

Anyway, welcome :)
Its quite a nice community here
“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.”  Bill Mollison

"You can solve all the worlds problems in a garden" Geoff Lawton

nahuatochtl

• Mexican spirit
  • Trading Score: +8
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 12:52:41 AM »

Welcome!

Well careful with the kiwi guy, check ayahuasca forums and dmt nexus, lots of unhappy people, not only with the chali, bad ID plants, missed seeds, holding the shipping for long time...

I dont recomend dealing with him, but i have received cuttings from him, im curius if he is offering the chali for #350 or $500, anyway its insane.
On top of a mountain i take care of the spirits, and they take care of me.

Mandrake

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +13
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 01:00:58 AM »

However, i have heard a few good things about him, and he does have quite an inventory for cheap (aside from 500$ cuttings?!?!)

Well careful with the kiwi guy, check ayahuasca forums and dmt nexus, lots of unhappy people, not only with the chali, bad ID plants, missed seeds, holding the shipping for long time...
I dont recomend dealing with him, but i have received cuttings from him, im curius if he is offering the chali for #350 or $500, anyway its insane.

Please let's base the discussion about this seller in the already existing post, here. In any case, if there's someone actually selling cuttings of that species for such a ridiculous price, propagating it for both preservation and for the gardening community should be a concern.

Kind regards,

Mandrake