Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: hello fellow planters  (Read 5377 times)

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +929
  • Tye dyed spirit
hello fellow planters
« on: August 27, 2013, 03:13:47 AM »

Hi save the seeds forum members. I recently saw your site mentioned at the nexus. Figured I would come take a look and make a few posts. I love all plants from active to edible and beautiful. I have quite a little entheogenic garden going. It includes Mimosa hostilis, Rivea corymbosa, E. coca and novogranatense, A. peregrina, Psychotria alba, Alicia aniospetala, Volcanga africana, T. undulata, Lophophora williamsii, Trichocereus pachanoi, bridgesii, and peruvianus. I'm currently attempting to grow iboga for the second time but no affirmed plant as of yet. Also I'm trying to sprout white 
ayahuasca and B. muricata. I also have a small greenhouse and a 8 by 32 ft veggie garden. I'm still very new to the greenhouse thing and I wanted to ask that can it get too hot for cuttings in there during the hot fl summers? I took four mimosa cuttings two days ago and they survived fine the first day. Today the second they got wilted even inside their humidity dome and the tips are starting to die I think. I have taken several cuttings in the last of the mimosa and they routes just fine inside a domed pot in strong indirect light. Is the greenhouse too much light or heat? I bought the thing to have enough room that's protected from the full spectrum of sun and heavy rain. I don't want it to be so hot I cannot make cuttings in summer at least. Otherwise the already established plants seem to like it heat and all. What should I do?
Spreading love!

Seed Collector

• Slow but reliable
  • Trading Score: +93
  • Oklevueha Native American Church Member
Re: hello fellow planters
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 03:44:36 AM »

MadPlanter,

Thank you for joining; please consider posting some pictures of your garden here, or in the gallery.

Check out share the seeds FAQ, rules, etc if you haven't already.

Welcome to STS.

New Wisdom

• Professional Cactus Hoarder
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +223
  • Zone 6B
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 04:17:40 AM »

Welcome to STS my friend!  Glad to see you made it here!

You have an impressive grow list. I am mostly into cactus myself.  Specifically mutated clones. 

I'm not sure what to tell you about your mimosa problem. But I would imagine that heat could dry out the cutting faster. But the humidity (if it's humid in there) should counteract that problem by helping the moisture stay in the cutting.  Did you take all the leaves off the cuttings?

Cactus = Life

nahuatochtl

• Mexican spirit
  • Trading Score: +8
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 04:40:44 AM »

Welcome my brother, i look foward to seeing your garden :)
On top of a mountain i take care of the spirits, and they take care of me.

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +929
  • Tye dyed spirit
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 02:48:45 PM »

Thanks for the welcome guys. I will soon post pics of my plants. I love monstrose cacti forms too. I have none at the moment but I set up a trade somewhere else and may have a bridgesii monstrose soon. The trade hasn't gone through yet though so I don't know for sure yet. Is the sausage pachanoi a real trichocereus pachanoi does anyone know? It is a very cool cactus too. Melted wax cacti are also incredibly awesome. Soon I will attempt to get a hold of some funky cactus forms. I feel the need to share seed so once I get some stuff available I will offer it up. Peace
Spreading love!

Mandrake

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +13
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 11:58:24 PM »

Madplanter, thanks for joining and congratulations on your gardening work. Very nice indeed.

You're a Member now, make yourself at home and ask or use our Help section if you have any doubts.

Welcome to STS,

Mandrake