Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hey! Beginner here!  (Read 9204 times)

thathz

Hey! Beginner here!
« on: August 25, 2013, 10:14:09 PM »

Hey! I started my garden last summer.
I have:
 5 San Pedro 1 mature 4 seedlings.
 Salvia
 Pereskiopsis
 and 7 one week old peyete seedlings

I have some special tobacco that I'm hopping I'll have seeds I can share in a few months. The seeds were found by my friends friend in a clay pot in a cave sealed off with wax.

I'm looking to start growing, Cappi, and psychotria.

Here are pictures of the plants in my garden:

Salvia, and yes I keep it in the shower

per

peyote seedlings

Baby San Pedro

Mature San Pedro

New Wisdom

• Professional Cactus Hoarder
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +223
  • Zone 6B
Re: Hey! Beginner here!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 10:18:41 PM »

Welcome to STS thathz! 

I like your garden.  :).  You can become a member easily by contributing to the forum in some way.  Adding picture to the plant or seed gallery, posting useful information ect...

I look forward to seeing you around the forums!
Cactus = Life

Sunshine

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +96
  • Hibernating
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 10:56:55 PM »

Welcome to the forum!
Please fill out your grow/share/wish lists on your profile page so that others can more easily trade with you. :)

The seeds were found by my friends friend in a clay pot in a cave sealed off with wax.
Is that a joke??

Is your mature san pedro grafted onto something?

thathz

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 11:03:06 PM »

The seeds were found by my friends friend in a clay pot in a cave sealed off with wax.
Is that a joke??

Nope that's what I'm told. I know it sound far fetched but he's not the type of person to make that kind of thing up. He showed me some of the cured leaves he had and they were far smaller than modern tobacco leaves. I just planted the seeds a few days ago hopefully I'll have some seeds in a month or two.

Is your mature san pedro grafted onto something?

He didn't get enough light as a baby causing it to elongate started putting him outside and it got fatter. Planning or grafting it when it's bigger.

TBM

• The Botanical Madman
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +75
  • Onward to the new
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 11:36:44 PM »

Maybe this friends friend found the seeds while Geocaching? I have a friend who hunts for geocaches everywhere as a hobby and he's found all sorts of stuff inside them (rare baseball cards, pictures of people, a recipe for Indian cuisine, different minerals/geodes).

Your Salvia looks like it's lost a lot of leaves, was that before you moved it into the shower (I imagine to keep humidity up)?

Sunshine

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +96
  • Hibernating
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 12:12:47 AM »

It looks like a roman sword. Lol

thathz

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 03:03:28 AM »

Maybe this friends friend found the seeds while Geocaching? I have a friend who hunts for geocaches everywhere as a hobby and he's found all sorts of stuff inside them (rare baseball cards, pictures of people, a recipe for Indian cuisine, different minerals/geodes).

Your Salvia looks like it's lost a lot of leaves, was that before you moved it into the shower (I imagine to keep humidity up)?

When it was given the me it was described it as Hopi Tobacco because is was found in traditional Hopi territory. The guy who gave them to me is very trust worthy so I believe him.

I moved houses so the saliva was stressed and a lot of the leaves started burning so I harvested them. I left the healthy ones on.

Mandrake

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +13
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 04:30:19 PM »

Hello thathz, thanks for joining and for your intro.

I moved houses so the saliva was stressed and a lot of the leaves started burning so I harvested them. I left the healthy ones on.

Keep in mind that even leaves with slightly dry/burned margins are working for the plant. Unless the leaves are completely dried out, or show symptoms of darkening/rot/any disease, it's generally a good idea to leave them alone so the plant has as many resources available as possible.

I hope yours thrives well in the new home. Otherwise, remember there's quite a few proficient salvia growers in our community that might be able to help ;)

Welcome to STS,

Mandrake