Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hello seedians :)  (Read 7877 times)

PermieGing

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +11
  • Grow the future of humanity!
Hello seedians :)
« on: August 20, 2013, 02:14:34 PM »

First off, i would like to say that the concept of this website is great and noble, as not much more is as important as the seeds, and of course sharing them   :D
Websites akin to this is what gives me a bright and loving outlook on the future of humanity, as atm its looking bleak. But that only gives potential and room for a change :)

Now, on to a bit on myself.
Where to start.
Well, permaculture has had a very profound impact on my life and the way i think about life and its situations. Permaculture has really helped me to notice specific interactions in nature, and how humans can harmonize with those specific interactions and create a sustainable earth! Just what we need. With that being said, even before i knew what permaculture was, or ever really grew plants for that matter, i still loved to be in and explore and observe nature, especially backpacking, swimming, etc.
Permaculture and sustainability really solidified my nature time, as now i am walking through forests looking for native legumes, as well as looking at the interactions and the layers in a forest. It always astounds me, when i move a bit of organic matter aside on a forests floor, just how fertile and alive the soil is. Literally the opposite of commercial agriculture and monoculture. Ewww.

Well that sounds like a summary that will suffice for now.
I hope i can help Share the Seeds in sharing the seeds, and work towards a more aware and sustainable planet!

Thanks for reading, im excited to be apart of this change thats inevitable in the world :)
“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.”  Bill Mollison

"You can solve all the worlds problems in a garden" Geoff Lawton

Mandrake

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +13
Re: Hello seedians :)
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 03:33:40 PM »

Hello PermieGing,

thank you for your nice intro and for your post about seed gathering here. As you said, it might appear as basic information but starting primers are always useful, and a good way to start the Seed Gathering Area.

You are now promoted to full member. Feel free to browse and participate in all the areas in the forum, and if you want to trade seeds with other members, don't forget to fill in the fields on your Profile > Forum Profile page.

If you have any basic doubts, please refer to the community Rules and the FAQ sticky post.

Welcome to STS, I hope you enjoy it :)

Mandrake

PermieGing

• Trader
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 04:47:42 PM »

Awesome  :)

Thanks. I look forward to helping more.
“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.”  Bill Mollison

New Wisdom

• Professional Cactus Hoarder
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +223
  • Zone 6B
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 05:28:05 PM »

Welcome to STS PermieGing.

How long have you been practicing permaculture?  I've been looking into it and it seems like something that is actually possible for a person like me to do. 
Cactus = Life

PermieGing

• Trader
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 05:51:12 PM »

Hmmm maybe a year. However i got my brother into it and now hes off woofing at the permaculture research institute of australia!

But i plan to pretty much devote my life to permaculture and its ethics. Its already a great hobby of mine :)

I thoroughly enjoy going out into a forest, or really any natural place, and watching ecosystems do their thing. Also, i enjoy researching and scouting for native useful plants, eventually for a native food forest!

I plan on making quite a few posts about permaculture :)
It truly is something amazing and will become quite relevant and prevalent in the future imho

New Wisdom

• Professional Cactus Hoarder
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +223
  • Zone 6B
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 06:02:44 PM »

Awesome. I'm excited to see how you decide to contribute! 

So, what's on your grow list?  What is your favorite family of plants to grow?
Cactus = Life

PermieGing

• Trader
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 06:45:26 PM »

Hmm.. Well i guess my grow list would be various cacti, papaver, psychotria viridis, definatly banisteriopsis caapi and rusbyana, desmanthus, some acacias, some erythroxylum, nicotiana rustica, m hostilis, argyria nervosa
Something like that.

Id say my favorite specific family to grow would be the leguminosae memebrs, as they all fix atmospheric nitrogen and are vital for a healthy ecosystem and food forest
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 08:14:45 PM by PermieGing »