Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Salvia Divinorum Seed Availability  (Read 20455 times)

Nugglet

Salvia Divinorum Seed Availability
« on: September 29, 2016, 06:03:54 PM »

Hey there everyone,

been a long time lover Salvia D, but had lost interest in the plant for a while until only about a couple months ago I decided I wanted to grow my own. Much to my own disappointment, the ship had just sailed. I had missed the banning of Salvia D by just a few months. That being said, acquiring a cutting of my own in canada seems to be much out of the question now.

Fortunately, I have found a possible solution to my issue! Much like cannabis, the banning of the plant only applies to the plant itself, along with its preparations and derivatives.

AKA SEEDS ARE LEGAL IN CANADA!

With that in mind, my best shot of getting this plant in my hands is through seeds. Now I understand salvia D rarely sets seed, and even more rarely do those seeds germinate. I also understand however a few of you have been able to convince your plants to flower through lighting and then have had success hand pollinating. I have not seen anybody doing this on a large scale however, so ordering my seeds online seems to be out of the question. Have any of you been able to get more seeds on a larger scale? Personally Id be interested in focusing on seed production, however without the plant I can't yet start!

Being a horticulture student I feel confident in my ability to raise any seedlings that do germinate, finding them is the issue for me at the moment! Anybody have any suggestion, solutions, or could lend a helping hand? Thanks everyone!  ;D

Frog Pajamas

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +576
  • Zone 7A
Re: Salvia Divinorum Seed Availability
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 08:24:46 PM »

I may be wrong, but I don't think anyone here has gotten viable seeds from their own plant.

We did buy seeds as a group from sagewisdom.com and had decent success in germination.

cactusmuncher

• Trader
  • Trading Score: 15
  • Just a backyard botanist ;)
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 08:55:24 PM »

As stated by Fro Pajamas, you can buy seeds here.
http://sagewisdombotanicals.com/

Nugglet

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 09:03:17 PM »

I may be wrong, but I don't think anyone here has gotten viable seeds from their own plant.

We did buy seeds as a group from sagewisdom.com and had decent success in germination.

As stated by Fro Pajamas, you can buy seeds here.
http://sagewisdombotanicals.com/

I might give them a try then! I had come across them before was a bit hesitant. Thanks!

Frog Pajamas

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +576
  • Zone 7A
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 09:18:20 PM »

Yep, that's Daniel Siebert's business, and he's legit. He's a well known Salvia researcher.

arborescent

• Trading Score: +33
  • phytognostic
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 02:04:00 AM »

Well there was that one guy posting around different forums about how he hand pollinated an indoor plant...

He managed to retrieve two viable seeds and grew them to maturity

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=64232