Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: HBWR  (Read 3166 times)

MirlitonVine

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +23
HBWR
« on: February 27, 2015, 01:21:16 PM »

To anyone who grows HBWR and has gotten them to bloom, how long did it take. I have 3 plants which are dormant now but starting to grow again and I'm about to get a few more seeds. My plants grew into huge vines last year but didn't bloom, just wondering how long they really take to set seed. They're growing in the ground in zone 9b.

And btw, this plant can survive temps down to the upper 20s. I'm not sure how much colder they can take, but mind are still alive and they went through one night around 27, and 2 or 3 nights with light freezes.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 01:23:55 PM by MirlitonVine »

EIRN

• Golden Member
  • Trading Score: +212
Re: HBWR
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 02:21:40 PM »

In a tropical place (I don't know what equivalent zone), planted in the ground, my Argy take one year to set seed.
Some friends in subtropical conditions tell me theiers Argy blooms few flowers and very few seeds.

MirlitonVine

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +23
Re: HBWR
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 02:56:24 PM »

Thanks. My climate is sub tropical. The growing season is ~300 days and temps never drop below 25F. Some years it doesn't freeze at all. I had planted them into the ground and they just took off. One grew into my maple tree and was probly 20 feet in length within 3 months. They're monsters.