Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 2760 times)

Carnival

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +1
Greetings!
« on: May 28, 2013, 03:14:32 AM »

Hello, it's lovely to meet you all :)

In lieu of my birth name, you can call me Carnival, and I am really excited to be part of this group. I've always grown up around plants, as both my parents are avid gardeners and my father has a very impressive indoor collection of plants, with everything from orchids to rare African cacti.

As a child, I wasn't really into them, but just in the last year I seem to have caught the bug from my father in a really big way. I just started my own collection, with some San Pedro Cacti and a Datura Stramonium and feel a strong affinity for traditional and medicinal plants, especially those tropane containing Solanaceae. As a boy, my father and I planted a number of species of May Apples (also known as mandrakes) around our yard.

I'm currently studying psychopharmacology and mathematics at [REDACTED] College, and when I'm not reading up on proofs and doing biochemistry problem sets, I love performance art, especially anything involving fire.

Can't wait to get to know you all
~Carnival.
Anyone with an interest in toxic plants should message me!

Mandrake

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +13
Re: Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 08:21:39 PM »

Hello Carnival and welcome to STS!

hopefully most of us have that bug too, and we'll spread it to whoever hasn't caught it yet.

Daturas are as beautiful as formidable, truly the great white sharks of our botanical sea. Mesmerizing and full of teeth... and thank you for the reminder, I definitely should grow may apples someday, even if they do not actually scream when pulled.

See you around,

Mandrake

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • Trading Score: +140
  • <3
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 09:58:01 AM »

welcome ! :)
Praise is mandatory.

gnosis

• Trading Score: +31
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 03:38:03 AM »

Welcome to STS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)                          :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)