Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Quick question about T bridgesii  (Read 3373 times)

The Clam

• Trading Score: +20
Quick question about T bridgesii
« on: September 23, 2016, 07:08:31 AM »

I was just wondering how much they grow in a year? I have a potted one about 6" tall and was wondering how much growth to expect.

Thanks
-The Clam-

oplopanax

• Trading Score: +139
Re: Quick question about T bridgesii
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 08:58:28 PM »

I got at least a foot from my T. bridgesii this year, at least the ones that have been established on their roots for a couple years, have big enough pots, and got some feeding. My TBM-A had a pup that grew a foot in this growing season.
No living organism should be illegal.

The Clam

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 10:04:49 PM »

wow that's impressive, I just re potted mine but I should have an abundance of nutrient preserved worm castings so il be sure to fertilize regularly

planter

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 01:47:15 AM »

In about half a year, these two foot long cuttings rooted and grew about half a foot.
They were in full sun, potted in half compost/half perlite.  Watered weekly for a couple months (after rooted), and then occasionally rained on after that.
No additional fertilizer.
Soon they'll go dormant for half a year, and then I would expect more growth in the following year, since they're already rooted now.

The Clam

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 01:52:07 AM »

Thats really cool, those are cool cactus's btw. Mine are already rooted and about a 6" tall. I had no soil so iv done a bit of an experiment. I used cardboard shredding, LOTS of sand, bone meal, coffee grounds, banana peel and later I might add some banana peel extract mixed with some worm casting tea.