Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cat & Dog repellent  (Read 10642 times)

LIBERTYNY

• Trading Score: +85
Re: Cat & Dog repellent
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2016, 06:28:18 AM »

Mouse/rat traps are meant to kill , and usually do effectively

The leghold traps will not break the target animals leg or kill, The early versions pre 1960's were designed a little differently and could cause the animals legs skin to break but not always. Even when this happened the animal surely was um-comfertable but not realy in pain, Most of the time when the traps are checked the animal will even be asleep (even with the early ones).  The most modern versions of the legholds have padded jaws that are very humane.  Their are even videos from makers of some of these modern traps showing a man step into the largest stock traps they make

The worst think that can happen to animals in the traps is much smaller animals geting caught in them, Much more likely is the animal doing damage to their own leg trying to escape, Or another animal taking advantage of a trapped animal.

One more thing that is worth a mention is predator urine/scat .  My neighbor has a animal that fits the description and I have not seen a fox since they moved in.  Before they moved in I caught a unbelievable amount of them, then nothing for about 3 years now

III%

oplopanax

• Trading Score: +139
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2016, 06:37:11 AM »

Thanks for clearing that up, seems like they are more humane than I thought.
No living organism should be illegal.

Psylocke

• Curandero
  • Trading Score: +56
  • Howdy Y'all
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2016, 04:15:47 PM »

An electric fence works great for animals smart enough to avoid it like dogs and cats. It only takes one or two encounters. I was at the end of my rope with this dog until I borrowed a fence energizer from my dad. I don't even have to turn it on anymore. My dog now avoids my plants like the plague.
Undergoing the formality of being alive.

LIBERTYNY

• Trading Score: +85
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2016, 01:35:10 AM »

An electric fence works great for animals smart enough to avoid it like dogs and cats. It only takes one or two encounters. I was at the end of my rope with this dog until I borrowed a fence energizer from my dad. I don't even have to turn it on anymore. My dog now avoids my plants like the plague.

For small lots the solar electric fences work well, and are fairly simple to set up

Harbor freight even sells a unit for like 60$ (No clue how it works thow)

Edit - 67.99$ listed (-20% off coupon)   ---    http://www.harborfreight.com/solar-fencer-47454.html
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 01:38:15 AM by LIBERTYNY »
III%
Pages: 1 [2]