Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Open source field guide for identifying trees of Southeast Asia  (Read 2622 times)

Ian Morris

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +52
Open source field guide for identifying trees of Southeast Asia
« on: September 09, 2014, 05:27:35 AM »

I found this .pdf on some website that turned out to be an ftp repository of FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization) a thinktank for the UN.  I can't find the website again but I did manage to pull some other interesting files from there before I forgot and restarted my PC. EDIT - Found the website and I am back to the tedious process of scrubbing the ftp for interesting stuff (forget the search engine its useless).

Anyway, the first chapter is an excellent explanation of some of the general vocabularly of plant identification/parts, this is worth the download alone, I have learned so much referencing these terms and building my own personal vocabulary and understanding of plants.

In the spirit of this amazing site please enjoy.

MEGA download here.

If there is interest I can upload and share some of the others I scrubbed from the site before I lost it.

They are generally smaller and I haven't really looked over them much but titles include:

Impact of Cultivation and Gathering of Medicinal Plants on Biodiversity: Global Trends and Issues
Non-wood forest products of Southeast Asia
well, that's really it but I haven't gone through a 3rd of the available ones so far

nobody

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +335
  • Hidden Member Extraordinaire
Re: Open source field guide for identifying trees of Southeast Asia
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 05:46:37 AM »

Thank you for this. I wil be interested in anything else you come across regarding southeast asia.  :)

nobody
¨At any time, you can turn on your computer, log into Facebook and watch humanity´s collective ego, mid masturbation¨.