Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Flowers for Bees  (Read 5894 times)

Mangrove

• Li'l Lorax
  • Trader
  • Trading Score: +175
  • Keeping it Kosher
Re: Flowers for Bees
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2016, 12:51:37 pm »

We seriously have like a hive worth of bees that come to the datura every evening when the flowers start to open. Wonder who's eating that honey  :o

Ce qui embellit le désert...c'est qu'il cache un puits quelque part... --Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.--Dr. Seuss

Mangrove

• Li'l Lorax
  • Trader
  • Trading Score: +175
  • Keeping it Kosher
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2016, 12:59:45 pm »

solanaceous honey sounds deliriously delicious (or deliciously delirious) to me... would make for some interesting experiments but idk if a)pollen collected by bees would contain the medicinal/toxic compounds, b)if the honey does contain such medicinal/toxic tropane alkaloids (and if so, then what would the average concentration be?), and c) if I would have balls big enough to dive that deep into 4 days of tropane-induced hell
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 01:37:12 am by Mangrove »
Ce qui embellit le désert...c'est qu'il cache un puits quelque part... --Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.--Dr. Seuss

GrowerAndaShower

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +31
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2016, 11:08:14 am »

I agree completely. Part of me, the morbid masochistic part wants to try it; the other, intelligent part is terrified at the very thought. Never tried tropanes, but the experiences sound both interesting and terrifying from my reading.

bezevo

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2016, 05:31:28 pm »

my  largest    T. Pachanoi  bloomed  this week  the honey bees have been all over the blooms .

if the bees made honey with just these flowers  would be  interesting .

on side note  I was spritzed  this cactus would bloom raised in a  pot .

anyway the bees loved it.
I GROW !

zone 5b
Pages: 1 [2]