Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Starting all over again  (Read 2510 times)

tesseract_bill

Starting all over again
« on: May 25, 2020, 07:10:30 PM »

Hello from the Chicago area. I'm a life long plant lover starting all over again. My mother showed me how to transplant and propagate plants as a child. My first big load of plants came from my high school horticulture class, since then I've had great adventures, gave away my plants many times. I had two greenhouses and a big garden to manage once. Now I have not a single plant, but will be moving into a house soon, and finally have a place to start again !!

I just ordered 10 varieties of trichocereus, I've been wanting to grow them for 20 years and I'm so excited. I'm going to set up a webcam for time-lapse of the seedlings, so if all goes well I'll have that to share in a couple months.

I'm really looking forward to collecting and trading here, this is such a great idea.

aqualung

Re: Starting all over again
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 05:26:48 AM »

Welcome. That's the situation I was in a few months ago, minus all your tricho's. This is a good place, very knowledgeable and helpful folks here. I'm sure you'll be able to get your comlection booming in no time.

Shamichael

• Trading Score: +50
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 02:23:04 PM »

Welcome.  I look forward to seeing the time lapse video.
I love trichocereus too, well now I'm branching out and falling in love with all cacti.
I hope you find this community as joyful as I do, and hope you enjoy growing with your plants.

tesseract_bill

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2020, 12:49:56 AM »

I also find myself falling in love with all cacti I wonder if its a personality thing

MRTree

• Trading Score: +67
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2020, 06:06:11 AM »

I also find myself falling in love with all cacti I wonder if its a personality thing

Lol, everyone wants to hug a cactus , but we'd spinosa our time getting pricked off the ground after falling head over heel in love .
what rose and iris and carnation so intensely signified was nothing more, and nothing less, than what they were, a transience that was yet eternal life, a perpetual perishing..source
of all existence