Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hi! Not exactly new  (Read 1896 times)

Vazkh

• Trader
Hi! Not exactly new
« on: May 19, 2020, 11:52:30 AM »

Hi all!

I've been here since October 2016. I didn't post an introduction because I just wanted to ask something in the forum so I didn't really need to become a member. I also thought I would become one after some time anyway. Maybe I'm too antisocial.

Well, I had a little psychotria viridis plant I had obtained from a leaf I had bought on eBay, but I unfortunately killed it by applying too much fertilizer, and now nobody is selling any leaves on eBay anymore. Maybe they have banned this kind of stuff?

And well, a member of this site had sent me a private message offering to send me a leaf, and I couldn't answer to thank him because I wasn't a member, but now that my plant has died I'd like to ask him if he's still willing to send me the leaf.

Also, I'd like to be a member of this interesting community and participate more than I have so far.

Well, as to my introduction, I'm a 40-year-old guy who likes plants in general, since I was a child, and I have a green patch, some fruit trees, laying hens, cats and a dog (not plants). I'm into bonsai, too. I also like all kinds of teas and infusions.

Nice to meet you all and have a nice day!

« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 01:37:44 PM by Vazkh »

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +929
  • Tye dyed spirit
Re: Hi! Not exactly new
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 01:35:09 PM »

Welcome!

Yes eBay has taken away the ability to sell such plants on their site. Kinda sucks as there was so many cool cacti and such one could find there. It's odd to see sites eliminate items that probably make tons of sales and therefore revenue for them. As long as stuff wasn't explicitly promoting drug usage I don't see why it's such a big deal while most of that stuff is legal to a point anyway. Oh well their loss.

Hope you can get the availability to PM so you can source some goods.
Spreading love!

Vazkh

• Trader
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 01:49:47 PM »

Maybe they just want to play safe and avoid any problems with the law?

I think there is a general trend in the world of controlling what people do. Goverments think they have the right to tell citizens what is good or bad for them.

It won't surprise me if certain plants that are now legal become illegal in the near future. I want to get me some before it's too late.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 02:08:52 PM by Vazkh »

aqualung

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 05:35:23 AM »

If I recall the UDV ruling determined that because P viridis contained dmt it was a de facto controlled substance, making it legally perilous for ebay to facilitate it. The corporate lawyers probably got a call from some gov't alphabet agency and decided it wasn't worth the trouble. On the plus side the Supreme court sided with UDV that their use of ayahuasca was protected under the religious freedom act of 1998 (or something) and legal. Even more plus side, the act specifically says that the religious acts protected need not be part of an organized religion or religious organization, only that it is a bona fide religious belief. I'm glad to see some legal protection for these sacred plants.

disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer.