Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Howdy Howdy  (Read 2099 times)

peachu12

Howdy Howdy
« on: April 08, 2020, 01:41:08 AM »

Hello! I've recently been looking into studying Salvia Divinorum. The major problem with studying it is that the dry matter is illegal where I live. I figured it wouldn't be hard to find live plants on google, however there are a lot less than I expected.

I'd be much more comfortable with joining a group of likeminded people who care about nature as much as I do, and going about my business here. ;D

Hope everyone is staying safe during these Corona endtimes!

aqualung

Re: Howdy Howdy
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 01:55:19 AM »

Welcom. Just getting back into collecting again myself. I too have noticed a great absence in the old staples, and particularly live Salvia. I suspect it's due to an extreme comercialization of the market and dry is most likely more profitable. not a necessarily a good or a bad thing. Anything else on your wish list? Moving pretty well on mine so far. Was gonna get get some m. tenuiflora seeds but then read it can get to 15' in 5 years!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 01:59:40 AM by aqualung »

peachu12

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 02:24:21 AM »

I'm not too sure, I've always been interested in ethnobotany, I grow things already that I'm not sure if I can talk about here. I'm interested mostly in potent hallucinogens so a hostilis may be in order. Of course my goal is to collect many psychoactive plants, regardless of legality. I've been a longtime user of Ephedrine OTC but I'm interested in the plants' effects as well so that might be something to look into.

aqualung

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2020, 06:18:00 PM »

not sure rules wise whats permitted, guessing limited to legal things, but wisdom would suggest limit it to legal things in your jurisdiction regardless. Good to have you.

Paulinator

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2020, 12:48:49 PM »

Hi peachu12, sorry to hear you have a hard time finding Savia divinorum. I wouldn't know where to start, sadly it's not legal in my jurisdiction. I guess you're in the right place now ... I wish you luck!

aqualung, it is true that Mimosa tenuiflora can get large quickly under ideal conditions. In a pot however, you can control plant size by pot size, and prune the foliage if necessary. If it really gets out of hand, you could take clones, kill the big one, and responsably dispose of any barks  :P

aqualung

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2020, 05:16:47 PM »

paulinator, that was my theory. I heard it will grow back from a stump, so if I let it get as  big as I can handle and then chop it a few inches above the ground. Think I'll try it next year. Plates a bit full currently with my recent acquisitions.