Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hey y’all! New plant nerd/horticulturist in the Santa Catalina Mountains  (Read 1876 times)

Ahuacaxochitl

• No gods no master(gardener)s!

Hi!

I just found out about this community and it’s EXACTLY what I was looking for. I love the name, I love the demeanor of its participants from everything I’ve read so far, and I’m excited to learn and share. I’m a believer in DIY, mutual aide, grassroots community so STS seems like it’ll work for me. I grow many useful plants for humans and wildlife...I’ll start a list on my profile in a minute.

I know I’m going to sound like one of “those“ people by mentioning this, but for full transparency, my impetus for joining the community is to locate a cutting and/or sucker of Catha edulis.  I have significant affinity with this plant and have a wealth of experience in its medicine and cultural implications from living in East Africa. So if anyone can help in this enterprise, even a referral to someone who lives near me (Arizona - Tucson, Phoenix etc.) or may know more in general, I’d be extremely grateful and will also be able to grow large specimens given the climate and my large garden therefor sharing cuttings in the future!

Thanks for your time, I can’t wait to hear from y’all!

Ahuacaxochitl

MorningDew

• Trading Score: +128
  • ????

Hi there, Welcome to STS!

Bach

• Chacruna whisperer
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +406

Welcome aboard!
Forget the night, live with us in forests of azure.

Ahuacaxochitl

• No gods no master(gardener)s!

Thanks, y’all! I appreciate the gesture of reaching out n making me feel welcome ☺️