Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Anyone here ever grown s. divinorum under grow lights?  (Read 2547 times)

Kojak

• Trading Score: +8
Anyone here ever grown s. divinorum under grow lights?
« on: August 18, 2019, 12:07:47 AM »

Hey guys, I'm planning on taking my salvia indoors this year for the winter and I don't want her to go dormant as I would like to still harvest her and take cuttings.
I guess I'm going to need to get some grow lights but I have absolutely no experience with indoor gardening...
Does anyone here know what sort of light I would need? I was thinking of something kinda like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07GCGSTF6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
However, 45W seems a bit low. Plus, it seems that those LED's produce mostly red light, whereas, I assume blue light would be far more beneficial as I don't want the salvia to flower.

Thank you :)
Hocus pocus abracadabra arse blathanna.

blackb0x

• Trading Score: +8
Re: Anyone here ever grown s. divinorum under grow lights?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 02:18:00 AM »

I've grown a bunch of plants under low-powered LED (even ~25W) lights without a problem. Don't worry about flowering as it's very unlikely to happen under a grow light. I'd recommend an E26/27 socket LED bulb for a few plants or a dedicated overhead hanging LED rig if you want to grow a bunch of plants at once. As long as you have enough distance to avoid heat it's pretty hard to mess up.

Solipsis

Re: Anyone here ever grown s. divinorum under grow lights?
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 12:40:49 PM »

I've had mine flower just fine under fluorescent. It's more about changing the light/dark schedule than anything else. And dormancy vs being able to grow or flower has more to do with the temperature just not being TOO low and again that light/dark schedule telling which season its supposed to be.

Salvia doesn't need or like a lot of direct sunlight and does well in mediocre intensity diffuse ambient light.

To me 45W for just one or two plants doesn't seem low esp if they arent lying about the high PAR intensity / high efficiency of the LEDs. Idk if you considered the possibility of having more plants in the future - also if you can cheaply score a fluorescent tube with fixture, like just cold daylight 6500K should be fine.

Focus more on humidity / air conditions in winter in your particular home, if you ask me.