Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: virids and alba crossing?  (Read 194 times)

cactusman

• Trading Score: +4
virids and alba crossing?
« on: August 15, 2019, 03:36:44 am »

So both my viridis and alba are fruiting and making berrys...How do I tell if they cross pollinated?

chronic

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +49
Re: virids and alba crossing?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 09:14:30 am »

They let themselves be crossed. The best known crosses are DW01 (Nexus) and DW02 by Darren Williams (Herbalistics). Another one is "Dirty Harry" from which I don't know where it comes from.
A natural cross is rare but possible. You have to help by hand and I don't know exactly what you have to pay attention to except with the brush.

Mangrove

• Li'l Lorax
  • Trader
  • Trading Score: +175
  • Keeping it Kosher
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 10:32:55 am »

Another one is "Dirty Harry" from which I don't know where it comes from.

The Dirty Harry strain originated from me (well really, a friend's mother plant, whose leaves I shared with a few friends. I'm glad to hear that it's still out there!). Dirty Harry wasn't a psychotria hybrid, but rather an extraordinary potent strain of P. Viridis.
Ce qui embellit le désert...c'est qu'il cache un puits quelque part... --Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.--Dr. Seuss

chronic

• Trader
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 03:19:06 pm »

Mangrove this is extremely interesting for me because I love psychotria and everything that has to do with it. From Dirty Harry I have heard so far only from different people. I didn't have the genetics myself. Everyone said it was a hybrid.

cactusman

• Trading Score: +4
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 09:57:57 pm »

How would one go about hand pollinating? With a really small brush I guess? I've never pollinated anything before lol now I have something to look forward to.

Could I save the pollen from my male viridis somehow to cross with alba if their flowering cycles don't align?

Is there a guide for pollinating viridis by hand by any chance?

chronic

• Trader
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 09:40:59 am »

You could try it with a Q-tip but there is probably a trick to overcome the species barrier.

What you can do, write to Darren Williams from Herbalistics and just ask him. If you're lucky he'll tell you how it works, if not we have a secret to work on.

If Darren tells you it would be nice if you tell us how it works. 

chronic

• Trader
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2019, 10:54:07 am »

One more question for understanding. Is "Dirty Harry" identical to "Rebel Clone" or are they two different P. viridis?
And if they are two different, why the name "Rebel Clone"?