Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Zone 8a new person, here!  (Read 1950 times)

quasar_kidd

Zone 8a new person, here!
« on: July 25, 2019, 07:24:52 AM »

Hi there!

I'm new to the forum, but a friend of mine showed me this site and has even shared a few seeds, so I'm excited to join the community!

Planting and gardening are pretty much my main hobby, but my knowledge is on par with layman terms and stuff. My "gateway plant" was a Jade plant given to me by a friend when I moved, and surprisingly, that's how I started appreciating and wanting more plants! (My Jade plant is probably 5 years old now).

I'm a pretty huge fan of hibiscus and for some reason these flowers seem to be the most forgiving to me as up until recently I hadn't grasped the idea of NOT over-watering lol! They seem to be more than happy being over-watered, plus I've made some pretty delicious hibiscus tea from the flowers.

I also really enjoy growing herbs and produce, but have a space issue with only having a balcony to do so. My favorites to grow are kale (komatsuna), mint, and basil. I've grown tomatoes as well, but mine seem to die in the heat of summer :( When I have a true backyard, I want to try growing luffas so I can have unlimited sponges for all of the cleaning needs!

Anyways, happy to be here!  ;D
"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere."
- Gogh

Frog Pajamas

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +576
  • Zone 7A
Re: Zone 8a new person, here!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 02:23:39 PM »

Welcome to STS!