Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Sally d fertilization  (Read 5810 times)

Fontoking61777

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +15
Sally d fertilization
« on: May 31, 2019, 03:45:05 AM »

How often should Sally d be fertilized and what would be the best recommend npk ratio also any recommendations for keeping it organic  also would like to experiment with giving them one of fox farms fertilizer

Bach

• Chacruna whisperer
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +406
Re: Sally d fertilization
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 06:38:59 PM »

A handful of Osmocote and a double handful of worm castings every now and then seem to keep mine happy. You'll know you hit the sweet spot when the leaves get that blue-green color and the white veins. 

They like steady moisture too. I have mine on a drip/mist system with a timer set to run for ten minutes every four hours. Does wonders for getting them through the hot summer months.
Forget the night, live with us in forests of azure.

Fontoking61777

• Trader
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 08:38:38 PM »

Thanks for the info Bach I was looking for a description of what the leaves should look like and I guess my Sallys fine for now and I have been misting every 4 hours like u told me before they haven't wilted a day since been seeing a very steady improvement in growth since then

Bach

• Chacruna whisperer
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +406
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 11:05:26 PM »

See my garden pics for what happy salvia leaves look like.

Here: http://sharetheseeds.me/forum/index.php?topic=4963.30
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 11:10:18 PM by Bach »
Forget the night, live with us in forests of azure.

Fontoking61777

• Trader
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 09:25:14 PM »

Would urine be a good fertilizer for Sally it's high in nitrogen

Fontoking61777

• Trader
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2019, 05:54:21 AM »

Botta use bat guano and shrimp meal and Langbeinite npk ratio on bat guano is 9-3-1 shrimp meal is 6-6-0 and langbeinite is 0-0-22  so in total 15-9-22 should I lower the potassium by using a little less the the directed amount or does that sound good it's down to earth fertilizer some of the trace elements are calcium and is at 30% is this to high I never have used fertilizer before I was hoping if I stuck with organic I wouldn't burn and that would be a perfect ratio figured I don't need alot of phosphorus cuz I'm not looking to for flowers and doubt it will flower so I figured  lots of potassium would help the Sally with shock and just over all great cell growth let me know what you guys and lady's think
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 06:01:18 AM by Fontoking61777 »

Solipsis

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2019, 12:55:30 PM »

Organic ferts have something to them but i dont think sallies are that demanding and do just fine on your average plant fert product.

They are also relatively tolerant to underfertilization i would say from fun experiments like growing a cutting from a wine bottle with water that i didnt refresh for months - so yeah a fortunate microbial situation apparently in that water  ;D

Yes plants need different levels of different nutrients in different stages of their growth/life, I honestly don't know of any data that suggests which nutrients can "boost" SD but that would be good to know. Don't go nuts with exotic nutrients imo unless you really know what you're doing, adverse things might happen.