Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: An introductory hello and gardening goals :)  (Read 3069 times)

VitaminME3

An introductory hello and gardening goals :)
« on: May 22, 2019, 04:24:15 AM »

Hello everyone! I'm excited to make my first post and contribute to the community! I found this community through other cultivation communities, but the atmosphere you guys have is positively unique and welcoming. I have been around many gardening forums over the years, but I have yet to find a community as caring and passionate as this one, so I appreciate all that you guys do to keep these hobbies alive and thriving :)

With that being said, I often find myself reading through some of the previous posts here, but always feel guilty that I am not contributing. So I finally made my account and knuckled down! I wouldn't say I'm nearly as qualified as many of you guys, but I hope to contribute as much as I can to help out!

As far as my background goes, I have been studying medicinal and organic chemistry for a while now. A large part of my study involves reaction mechanisms, enzyme kinetics, substrate binding affinities, etc. But a lot of that research often relies heavily on aspects of traditional medicine. This has led to my curiosity of various plant species. Obviously you guys share a love for unique and often obscure plants, so I would be more than honored to participate in the community!

Thus far, I haven't gone too deep into the various species discussed, in the forums, but I have grown a few specimens of kanna, san pedro, papaver somniferum, tobacco, and lion's mane mushroom over the years. I genuinely love gardening and find it to be quite peaceful. The plant's culture, history, and genetic makeup make it all the more interesting!

I hope to continue experimenting and researching medicinal herbs moving forward. I always find these communities to be very welcoming and resourceful (including this one obviously!). With that being said, I hope this was an okay introduction haha. It's always a little awkward trying to figure out what to write, so hopefully it was an alright read! Thanks for your time and I hope to see you guys very soon in the forums! ~ Best wishes

Ian Morris

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +52
Re: An introductory hello and gardening goals :)
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 05:20:41 AM »

Welcome!  I think my lion's mane plug log is a dud, so thinking about going old school from spawn to control the process better and for sure I will turn to some of the experts here.