Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hello from the south eastern United States!  (Read 1756 times)

Cody

Hello from the south eastern United States!
« on: April 05, 2019, 06:50:30 AM »

Hello everyone! I have been growing plants for a very long time. The first plant I remember planting was in elementary school when I was a young child. My dad and I planted a cypress tree in our back yard. That tree is now easily 40 ft tall. Growing plants of all kinds is my natural passion in life, though I often suck at it and kill my plants due to my busy schedule.
I have been being more mindful lately and taking better care of my plants. Currently I have a small fruit tree orchard with roughly 65 fruit trees and various kinds of berry bushes, grape vines, and a couple nut trees. I also have made two Monarch Waystations (One is official and you can even look it up) that provide milkweed and nectar plants for butterflies. I also have several flower beds and have planted many more trees. I have a collection of tropical plants I put outside in the summer on my patio and inside in the winter. This year I am not planning any major projects but want to maintain what I have already accomplished. One day I want to work mostly with plants as more than a hobby but right now I am happy to do it for fun. I am also interested in mycology.

One of my favorite things to grow are entheogenic plants. I live in zone 7b so many (most) entheogens do not do well here without special care. So far I have Several species of tricharius most of which I grew from seed. I also have other entheogenic cactus that I plan to grow this year. Currently, that is the only technical "entheogen" i have other than my passion flower (MOAI inhibiter) which bloomed for the first time last year. A couple of years ago I tried to grow two Salvia Divinorum plants. I had the two main strains (I forget where I ordered them from). The beautiful weather here the last few weeks has really made me want to try cultivating this precious plant again. Various forums online led me to here as a possible place to trade for a cutting or two. I live in Tennessee and Salvia Divinorum is perfectly legal to grow here for ornamental purposes and that is truly the reason I want the plant. It is apparently much easier to obtain powerful (and possibly disrespectful) extracts of this precious plant but I can find no where online currently willing to sell live plants!

Due to living in a climate where Salvia and other entheogens would not make it outside I plan on getting a hydroponic grow tent this year and putting it where my current grow room/seedling starting room is. I have lights and I hope to make this grow tent a tropical paradise and grow some psychotria virdis, a few different caapis, possibly even attempting to grow Iboga, voaconga africanis, mimosa hostilis, maybe some HBW vines and morning glories. I would like any advice on this as well. Would the grow tent keep in enough moisture for my amazonian plants to thrive? I would also likely use this tent for when my salvia cuttings outgrow a humidity dome.

If anyone would like to trade some cactus for your salvia cuttings I would appreciate it! I know what you have is more valuable and I would be willing to cover shipping both ways or even come to meet you if its reasonably close.
And it's just a box of rain
I don't know who put it there
Believe it if you need it
Or leave it if you dare
And it's just a box of rain
Or a ribbon for your hair
Such a long long time to be gone
And

Frog Pajamas

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +576
  • Zone 7A
Re: Hello from the south eastern United States!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 01:50:14 PM »

Hey, Welcome to STS! Sorry your post didn't get more traction- this site goes at snails pace (and just doesn't load a couple times a month for a few days), and sometimes posts slip through the cracks.

Your garden sounds great! It soundss like you and I are in the same region, and I would very much like to trade for some of your fruit and passion flower seeds or cuttings at some point. I'd suggest arranging a few shares or trades with what you have now, and probably later in the season someone will have a salvia that's up to size for cuttings plus you'll be an established trader. :-)

Nice to have you here!

Peace,
Frog

Shamichael

• Trading Score: +50
Re: Hello from the south eastern United States!
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 03:45:03 AM »

Welcome Cody!
I too remember planting as a child, and have loved plants and propagation ever since.
I too had a nice young orchard started a few years ago, I had spent a lot of time researching and finding the best cultivars and researching organic growing techniques. 
Unfortunately I had to leave that piece of property with my ex and it is now overgrown and deer eaten. 
The great thing though is my fiancée joins me in passion for plants, and it is the first time I have had anyone close to me share in it.
I have absolutely loved joining this community, and I hope you will feel the same way. 
I have spent my whole life seeking truth, wisdom, and the meaning of life, and I sincerely look at working with plants as my religion.
I have many trichocereus clones and many seedlings.  I look forward to sharing and trading.
Plant wisdom blessings my brother 🙏🏼✨🌱💗🌵🙏