Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Getting serious about cacti micro propagation  (Read 5410 times)

Cactiqueen

• Trading Score: +4
Getting serious about cacti micro propagation
« on: March 31, 2019, 05:40:47 PM »

I’d like to pick this hobby up this year. I’m seeking literature that will specify auxin and cytokines concentrations ect. Perhaps also sources to purchase  for cytokine and auxin

I am very well versed in mycology and own a flow hood. Seems to me I just need to start practicing

I plan to use ozonated water to sterilize explant tissues rather than bleach or h202. O3 infused into water should be more efficient than bleach and h2o2 plus it’s not gonna damage tissues

Down side is ozone will dissipate out of the water in 30min so it must be use immediately

If anyone can provide me some links I would appreciate that

All details are appreciated

Shamichael

• Trading Score: +50
Re: Getting serious about cacti micro propagation
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 07:23:25 PM »

This is awesome, I am interested to follow along, any chance of YouTube (or some other more user friendly platform) videos?

I am VERY interested in growing and crossing prized genetics.

I have some 6 month old seedlings and I must share with you that I had some damage to a couple of the very small ones broken in half, I planted bottom halves and left top parts about .2cm on top of soil and they pushed out roots!
This leads me to believe that they already have most of the hormones needed when young and it's probably possible to cut up a 2" seedling and grow several plants from it.

If interested I have 2" seedlings I can share: Matucana Pach, Peruvian Icaros DNA, and psycho0 x cuzcoensis, sourced from herbalistics.au.

Sprouts I can share in a few months:
Different crosses of Juul's Giant, Kimura's giant, SS02, Kimnach, and Eliene x SS02 and inverse.

I'd also like to see what you can do with a single areole from a larger plant.

Shamichael

• Trading Score: +50
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 07:36:30 PM »

Cactiqueen

• Trading Score: +4
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 07:40:57 PM »

Wow this is getting interesting quickly

I need to get my hands on some cytokines and auxins I see some generous members here have some they’re willing to share. Which brings up my current problem of not having any media recipes yet once again lol. I need to do more research apparently and soon this idea just came to me yesterday but I’d like to make up some media tomorrow!

Once I have acquired a media recipe that I believe will work I will then acquire the materials and get to work asap. One areaole should be plenty I imagine it’s almost like grafting wout the graft stock lol

I’ve been needing to pick up a new exciting hobby been getting bored=no good this is exciting me :)

I’ll spend some time digging up media recipes the next week or so, expect some updates before too long tho surely :)