Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Greetings from a tundra....for now  (Read 1805 times)

DreadedShaman

Greetings from a tundra....for now
« on: March 15, 2019, 05:54:09 PM »

Hello everyone!
I'm DreadedShaman, and I come to you from the DMTNexus, and STS came very recommend from them, so here I am.

Currently my interests (with plants) lies with entheogenic plants as well as many other tropical/subtropical plants.
I currently have a variety of Trichocereus cacti growing, as well as some ololliqui and Ipomoea alba.  I'm relatively new to this, but having what I feel is moderate success (though myature trichs would be happier if it we're summer, lighting has been a struggle this winter)
I'll be happy to post pictures of my set up and plants later today, I'm extremely open to comments and suggestions.

A little more about me though, I reside in the eastern side of the USA, USDA zone 5a (was -20F for a week this winter but it's been known to push 100F in the heat of summer)

MorningDew

• Trading Score: +128
  • ????
Re: Greetings from a tundra....for now
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 06:14:34 PM »

Welcome to the forum DS. 

BotanyBay

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 06:17:19 AM »

I live in a similar-ish climate, at least USDA zone-wise. Welcome!

Shamichael

• Trading Score: +50
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 05:59:39 PM »

Welcome, happy to have you.
I am a little south of you in zone 6.  I recently visited an old plant guru and he told me to it's a challenge to resist the allure of tropical species. I have thought a lot about that and though I love and will continue to grow my cacti and tropical plants I am also going to focus on species that won't take my constant attention here in my climate.
Ha, I say this while anxiously waiting on tropical seeds to arrive in the mail and others to germinate.  Thank God for LED technology!