Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hello from Zone 9 (UK)  (Read 5526 times)

CEY-19

• Trading Score: + 6
Hello from Zone 9 (UK)
« on: March 13, 2019, 10:41:13 PM »

Hi all, thanks for having me,

Having moved to a nice new house, starting the expand my collection beyond a few cacti and my salvia divinorum. Recently acquired some mitragyna speciosa, a few other salvias, morning glories and catha edulis.

Looking forward to chatting, learning and perhaps even sharing some seeds.

blackb0x

• Trading Score: +8
Re: Hello from Zone 9 (UK)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 01:19:54 AM »

Hey, welcome to the forum!

DarkPines

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +25
  • I only exist in your dreams.
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 03:29:44 AM »

Nice to hear people growing kratom in the UK! Thats awesome  ;D

ciderspace

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 02:03:41 PM »

Hi I just posted for the first time in ages. Got some seeds to give away, not the psychoactive kind though. Wohld be interested in hearing of your experience growing cacti in the UK. Are they outdoors/indoors/greenhouse? Natural or artificial light? Fertilizer? Mine are 3 years old in an unheated greenhouse and still only 3" tall!

JayWise

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +19
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 06:50:02 PM »

« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 08:00:47 PM by JayWise »

CEY-19

• Trading Score: + 6
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 07:11:18 PM »

Hi I just posted for the first time in ages. Got some seeds to give away, not the psychoactive kind though. Wohld be interested in hearing of your experience growing cacti in the UK. Are they outdoors/indoors/greenhouse? Natural or artificial light? Fertilizer? Mine are 3 years old in an unheated greenhouse and still only 3" tall!

Sorry for the very late reply, been moving. So currently, my cacti have been grown either in a south facing window, or in a greenhouse. All natural light, and I use cactus fertiliser every other watering. In the winter, I leave them dry basically. Then I water about 1 every 3 weeks in spring and autumn, and once a week or so in summer. Maybe more when they were in the greenhouse. They really thrived in greenhouse conditions and shot up quite a bit. This year, I'm going to put them outside during the summer, maybe in one of those fruit and veg small freestanding greenhouses. Hopefully I can get similar growth, but we'll see.