Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Psychotria viridis  (Read 2426 times)

Sicshroom

Psychotria viridis
« on: March 25, 2019, 01:34:28 PM »

I have a small plant that grew from a leaf and the plant is 15-16 months old, it's very small and is just now getting it's second node. Can anyone point me in the right direction to property care for this baby?

gollum

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +10
Re: Psychotria viridis
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 07:44:19 PM »

Does it get enough light, water, nutrients? Is the pot big enough? How doe the leaves look like?

Bach

• Chacruna whisperer
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +406
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 10:30:10 PM »

Humidity helps a lot, some mild fertilzer like Osmocote and/or wormcastings, warm temps, like 80F or better and some dapple shade if outside or flouros inside. Not a difficult plant to grow but one who likes to teach patience.

Seems you learn well!  8)

Actually yours seems especially slow. Under ideal conditions I'm usually able to get a six inch tall plant in about six months from a leaf cutting. Hit me up with any more questions you might have.
Forget the night, live with us in forests of azure.

blackb0x

• Trading Score: +8
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 11:57:54 PM »

I cannot overstate enough the importance of humidity. Mine grew super slowly even with lights and ferts until I put it inside a humidity chamber, and then I got a bunch more leaves very quickly.

Sicshroom

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 09:28:29 PM »

So I recently put it into a gallon zip lock bag to keep up the humidity and that's when I've gotten the second node starting to appear. The plant is in a grow tent shaded from the direct light ambient temperature is 74-82°f