Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hello again....Catara ....feeling quite vague... i couldnt loginto account so i  (Read 2052 times)

EVENEVE

Good Evening.... I’m Cat, I live in the Green Triangle... on the Orara End, but my family’s original homes were Never Never... and Mount Warning....grew up round Blavk mountain running around in the bush and swimming in the Nymboida River and it’s tributaries ... I’m a bush babie...and all of my family and friends call me feral... in the most loving way.... lol....I am a horticulturist...hothouse technician, propagation hybridisation and cultivar teacher...supivisor....trainer .... and spent alottta time setting up and maintaining berry crops in Coffs ... and running my polytunnels on hydroponic systems, for commercial markets.... but now I am focused on collecting cultivars and chemovars and testing their composition and potential uses, and propogating for others to enjoy and grow.... I have everyone I know hunting through their gardens and every garden they see for new and interesting things, and hoarding Materials for me to grow and prop....I am constantly pushing remedies and information about my plants to anyone who has interest..... my favourite project thus far has  been my involvment in a uni study on chemovars of lemon myrtle.... and collecting info on successful propagation techniques across the variation and growth rates, my facility was beautiful and I had tonnes of associates to bounce ideas off....it set me on this new course of interest and I am now on a ethnobotanicle mission to discover old and new information to share

EVENEVE

for got to describe my gardens and do the wishlist and things im growingggg.....

i have 56 hectares in the Orara Valley bordered by a rainforest stream, it has perch and the mother of all eels living in its twists and bends....and small blue claw crayfish are up in the higher reaches of the stream above the falls in the deep forest....the native rainforest is relitively pristine, and a wide variety of ferns and palms red cedar and many odd little and huge natives thrive ...many pretty mushrooms and tiny lichens and extreemly odd things can be found when looking hard enough.... even gold....the property i live on is one of the original land alotments from when the area was first settled, by timber getters and miners searching for red cedar and gold....this area held great riches... and was subsequently reaped.....to the point of destruction.... it has made a come back but the red cedar and giants of the forests are now gone along with most of the alluvial gold....and the state continues to harvest the forests and further reap the land ..... i have mostly pasture and four poly tunnel structures that are fifty metres long and another fifteen....running on hydroponics....and growing mediums....and a seedling greenhouse a shady structure.... i have alot of unusual plants...daturas and succulents....and flowers many heirloom varieties and colours....my favourites are the foxgloves and the iris lillies and tigerlillies....and a stash of western australian native gums that my great uncle started from seed and also sent to me from seed gathered at the perth botanic gardens......i have a wish to collect any and every specimine of unique and significant ethnobotanicle plant i can and to learn the stories and applications of their traditional use so any contribution to my collection would be loved and shared among the plant lovers that i encounter....i am extremely interested in vines....and flowers.....and succulents....anything magical and unique....

i have alot of the daturas....and flowers.....and odd things like mallows and vines and natives.....

Scarlet Dragon

• Free the mind . . . Free the mind. . . .

Wow! Your property sounds heavenly. Really nice to read about. And you're doing such interesting research, with passion it sounds like. I love the teachings of Don Juan and one of the things he stressed was "finding a path with heart." sounds like you have done so. I look forward to more details and photos from future posts.
"'Human beings are infinitely more complex and mysterious than our wildest fantasies.'" -D.J. The Power of Silence