Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Nice to meet you all  (Read 3084 times)

pastanostra

• Trading Score: +3
  • Learn, Learn, Learn ...
Nice to meet you all
« on: February 04, 2019, 04:12:51 AM »

Hey STS community,

i'm happy to introduce myself in STS, i registered last year, but no time to get here, this year should be better for me studying with the community.
I'm living in south pacific, in an area with many endemic species. Acacia Simplex crossed my way and did not let me virgin, so i started studying arount it.
Then herbal path hit me, i try to find here entheogenic species, or some equivalent to known species. I just started to learn few years ago, so i have many things more to integrate.

Actually in the garden there are few species that grow, i would like to grow more, this will come with time & love :)

Passifloras did not let me intact, i really love the way they grow, the spirit they involve in the nature, the pretty flowers that grow and the swetty fruits they give.

Thanks to make this site available and open to us.

Peace.

Shamichael

• Trading Score: +50
Re: Nice to meet you all
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 05:30:21 PM »

Hi happy to make your  acquaintance.  Look forward to discussing and sharing plants and seeds with you here.

pastanostra

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 10:39:18 PM »

Hi happy to make your  acquaintance.  Look forward to discussing and sharing plants and seeds with you here.

Thank you Shamichael !
I'm learning. Just saw yesterday that there are 85 psychotria around me !
Peace!

PS : for those who sent me a PM, i can't respond now (no promotion)

« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 10:44:26 PM by pastanostra »

Viridis

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 10:14:57 PM »

Acacia simplex is both easy to grow and fast growing it is one of my favorites. If you wanna start from seeds just fill a shot glass with water microwave until boiling then wait 1-2 minutes drop your simplex seeds in check back in an hour any seeds that are at the bottom can be planted if any float put them in boiling water again. i have had 100% germination rate with them.

Welcome to STS!

Psylocke

• Curandero
  • Trading Score: +56
  • Howdy Y'all
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 01:26:55 AM »

Welcome! I also enjoy growing passiflora. The only challenge is to keep them from taking over my entire yard.
Undergoing the formality of being alive.

pastanostra

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 10:34:03 PM »

Thank you for your messages

i've done small scar on simplex seed to germinate then put in water for a day. I found this tek easy and reliable because in few hours, the white kernel start to grow and get out the seed. I've 3 that just sprout from soil. It just need to be a bit cautious on the scattering to not hurt the kernel. I'll try to do a grow log with pics.
I love the unique spirit of passifloras, the beautifull flower they produce. I'm also interested in them as a legal source of beta carboline. P. Quadrangularis seems to have the most of them.
For those who grwed simplex, how much time it need to be mature ?

Cheers guys.

Mangrove

• Li'l Lorax
  • Trading Score: +191
  • We're all here because we're not all there.
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2019, 01:17:59 AM »

pastanostra,

Simplex' time to maturation is (IIRC) on par with most other species of acacia.

I am glad to see that you are active here, too, and hope to correspond more with you.
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.--Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

pastanostra

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2019, 07:13:47 AM »

Hey Mangrove, Glad to have you here :) saw the nick but wasn't sur enough, time decided :)

My 3 sprout was under attack of an Achatina Fulica army :(
They cut the sprout like a samourai army, clear and precise, surgically ! Theses eat meat too 0_o

So started new batch, 12 seeds from hundred seed pods harvested last year have been put few days ago in new pot, so'll see !

Peace !