Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: how do you grow your Codariocalyx motorius? the amount of light and water  (Read 2262 times)

Mrs.H

I grow my codariocalyx from seed. it is about 15 to 20cm tall now. but I am still not sure how much amount of light I should give them and how well it tolerant dry. I live at east UK and grow them next to a west facing window with grow light. they seems not so happy. they grow a lot yellow spots on every single leaves. some of the leaves even has brown tips. I water then when their surface soil get dry. do you grow it indoor or outdoor? do you give it plenty of light or shade?

koacaia

• Trading Score: +124
Re: how do you grow your Codariocalyx motorius? the amount of light and water
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 08:15:05 PM »

They seem to like alot of shade with some indirect sunlight, though they almost always die on me after giving seeds.
Living in paradise.

Scarlet Dragon

• Free the mind . . . Free the mind. . . .
Re: how do you grow your Codariocalyx motorius? the amount of light and water
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 02:30:48 AM »

I started some 20 seeds over a month ago. I was surprised that almost every seed germinated when I've had so many other batches of seeds of other plants fail this winter. They are now about 15cm each and are all so green and vigorous. I am about to replant them in bigger pots. I have them in a terrarium that keeps the temp around 65°F and about 60%humidity. They are in a south facing window that gets about 3 hours of direct sunlight. They are also under a few 14w led grow lights that stay on 16hrs a day. I water about 2 times a week. And I added pea inoculate to their first watering. They're so cute, folding up all their leaves at night (way before my led lights go out, actually).
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 02:34:39 AM by Scarlet Dragon »
"'Human beings are infinitely more complex and mysterious than our wildest fantasies.'" -D.J. The Power of Silence