Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Thrilled, from NY and India  (Read 10090 times)

Scarlet Dragon

• Free the mind . . . Free the mind. . . .
Thrilled, from NY and India
« on: December 16, 2018, 02:58:44 AM »

Hello from my two home bases, Long Island NY & southern India. In India I live at an ashram that is putting forth great efforts to help India in many ways including agriculturally and environmentally. I am part of a new project there that is researching bioremediation (using mushrooms) of incinerator waste. When on Long Island I live with my family and have access to their cultivated garden space both inside and out. I love growing and living with what I call "Sacred Plants." Just as some humans are more "spiritually oriented" than others, plants can also be so differentiated, I believe. I do a lot of meditation and I feel certain plants (and trees) put out supportive energy for this practice. I first got introduced to "Sacred Plants" when I lived in Santa Fe, NM 12 years ago and really appreciated the awareness and knowledge of the cultivation of these plants when living in that area. (Meditation at the base of a Jeffrey Pine is super special). Now I'm in NY where there's not as much appreciation but we have to make do with what we've got. In the past 3 months I have felt a new connection to mushrooms in general and specific ones especially. I am hoping to delve deeper into that world and maybe this forum will help that. I especially feel a connection to Amanita m. on a shamanic level. I am ready to Learn!
"'Human beings are infinitely more complex and mysterious than our wildest fantasies.'" -D.J. The Power of Silence

Scarlet Dragon

Re: Thrilled, from NY and India
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 04:05:39 AM »

In reply to personal messages, would love to trade but don't have the site privileges it seems to make that happen. Let me know if there's something I'm missing about how this all works.
"'Human beings are infinitely more complex and mysterious than our wildest fantasies.'" -D.J. The Power of Silence

Fontoking61777

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +15
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 05:09:37 AM »

you will be promoted membership soon if not there is a thread in the the welcome and introduction area called the official ive been forgotten to be promoted membership jus pot there and you will be promoted
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 05:11:02 AM by Fontoking61777 »

Shamichael

• Trading Score: +50
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 07:19:02 PM »

Hi and welcome!
I live in CT so we are neighbors.  We also share similar interests including sacred plants and meditation.  I have seen some news articles recently saying that indoor plants are becoming very popular again which I find to be hopeful from a consciousness point of view.
Since we are close it will make trading easier.  I am interested in all useful plants.  Currently I have been a bit obsessed with cacti and Trichocereus specifically.
Do you go into the city often?  We will be taking a couple trips this year to the botanical gardens and the Museum of Natural history.  We also hike in NY looking for snakes and mushrooms to photograph.

Scarlet Dragon

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 01:15:03 AM »

Thanks Shamichael,
I am still trying to understand how to navigate here.  I missed your reply. I still don't have  PM privileges yet it seems.

Anyway, I welcome the possibility of connecting in person.  Would love to go to BBG sometime. I'm not in the city much because I'm on the east end of long island but something will work if it's meant to be. I travel from mid april to mid july (australia & india). I would love to trade.  I'm just starting so I don't have much yet.  Some seedling acacias and lots of seed trays germinating. So hopefully soon. I have  Datura S. seed but it seems to be difficult to get going right now. Going to try some cacti seed soon and am excited by that.  This is all very addicting.

Shamichael

• Trading Score: +50
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 03:11:32 AM »

I use "Show unread posts" link to pull up replies to my posts.
Also when you get PM privileges change the settings to save all messages, I recall having an issue with that, I think I had to change them to view as conversation.
It's not the busiest forum, but I love it here!  Sorry to hear you'll be away during peak outdoor planting time here.

AcaciaAve

• West Coast Zone 8b
  • Trading Score: +166
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2019, 12:21:46 AM »

Welcome
Grow Phalaris grass
Climb Acacia Trees