Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Greetings From Western NC!  (Read 4925 times)

Frog Pajamas

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +576
  • Zone 7A
Re: Greetings From Western NC!
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2018, 03:58:56 PM »

That’s a great idea! I’d be in for sure, and David probably too.

Shamichael

• Trading Score: +50
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2018, 04:41:44 PM »

We should set up a field trip. I know him, and it has been too long since I’ve been out there to see him.

I will update you both when we set the dates for our spring trip, it will be great to meet up! I got a few great plants from Joe this year, it's nice supporting good people with similar values and interests.  I am sending him some Chaga and Maitake mushrooms I harvested this year as a gift since I love his videos and use them as reference for many plants.

Grey6Bard

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2018, 04:49:58 PM »

The tristate area near the NC, TN, GA state lines!

I shop in Georgia, work in Tennessee and play in NC!
Haha. Sorry I haven’t replied to my own thread in a few days. I actually started a new job at a craft brewery. Working on getting a second job at the folk school, I’m a busy man.
Some of you may be familiar with the folk school?!

DarkPines

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +25
  • I only exist in your dreams.
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2018, 10:36:14 PM »

Greetings from Ga!  8)

Shamichael

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2018, 06:25:51 AM »

The tristate area near the NC, TN, GA state lines!

I shop in Georgia, work in Tennessee and play in NC!
Haha. Sorry I haven’t replied to my own thread in a few days. I actually started a new job at a craft brewery. Working on getting a second job at the folk school, I’m a busy man.
Some of you may be familiar with the folk school?!

Don't feel bad for taking a little while to reply,I think we are on plant time here (a little slower) and it's nice.
Working at a brewery sounds interesting.  In one of the herbal YouTube channels I learned that back in the ol' days it became a law in Bavaria that all beer had to be made with hops because officials noticed that when men drank hops beer they were calmer.  Hops acts as an estrogen in the body, and they said that men who picked hops all day would not be able to get an erection that night.

I want to look further into this and I am very interested in brewing beer using many different herbs that have different effects and properties. 

geezer

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +10
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2018, 02:08:08 PM »

one hears that people near the SC/GA border do their shopping in Georgia to avoid the 8 percent state sales tax
all about the cactus

Bach

• Chacruna whisperer
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +406
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2018, 05:52:28 PM »

.  In one of the herbal YouTube channels I learned that back in the ol' days it became a law in Bavaria that all beer had to be made with hops because officials noticed that when men drank hops beer they were calmer.  Hops acts as an estrogen in the body, and they said that men who picked hops all day would not be able to get an erection that night.

I want to look further into this and I am very interested in brewing beer using many different herbs that have different effects and properties.

The beer purity laws, to my understanding were also implemented to restrict the use of other psychoactive herbs such as henbane, which had much more powerful effects than alcohol. Beer at the time was just a 'carrier' for the other ingredients.

I haven't looked into this very deeply at all, but I think it would be a fascinating area of study. 
Forget the night, live with us in forests of azure.

Grey6Bard

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2018, 07:14:29 PM »

I’m reading several books on the topics of beer brewing and you would be surprised at the amount of psychoactive substances that went into beer before the purity laws.

So far RadicalBrewing is my favorite book reading on the subject.

I’m planning on making some very interesting brews in the future! ;)

Sometimes I think I have too many hobbies working six days a week, lol.
I’m really trying to become self employed through one of my hobbies so I can expand into another.

spractral

• TF Mod
  • <3
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2018, 07:19:26 PM »

Didn't have a chance to read this whole thread but welcome Grey :)

t. McKenna mentioned something about the sacrament at the eulisian (sp?) mystery possibly being some sort of fermented , beer type, ergot substance... He was saying in the lecture that he talked to either nickles or shulgin (can't remember whom) and they had told him they thought that you would be able to skim the more dangerous chemicals off the top of the concoction if you were to brew it... Pretty interesting.
Grow till theres no more room

Grey6Bard

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2018, 10:25:46 PM »

That would be an awesome experiment if one had the knowledge to assess what chemicals were present after fermentation! Most chemicals don’t survive through abnormal heat changes but it’s possible!

I know exactly of the brew you’re speaking of, the one made in Ancient Greece!
My favorite philosophical period in history!

So I’m excited that I just received some L Williamsii seeds and several seeds for bonsai cultivation!

Shamichael

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2018, 04:44:23 AM »

I just put RadicalBrewing on my Xmas list ;)
This is a great topic hopefully we can watch it evolve and grow in years to come.  Are there still purity laws active in the US?
Pages: 1 [2]