Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Entheogens that will grow well in SoCal?  (Read 2183 times)

reds

• Trading Score: +5
  • Resident Panthiest
Entheogens that will grow well in SoCal?
« on: September 19, 2018, 02:26:34 AM »

For the first time in a couple years, I have the opportunity to garden again.
As much as I'd like do, I can't do a massive entheogen garden, but I'm looking for a few nice ideas.

I actually practice shamanism, so hardy, fast growing plants that would work in an ayahuasca analogue would be especially valuable.

I'm not familiar with such a hot, dry environment so I have no idea where to start. San Pedro would be an awesome one I guess, but they take a really long time from seed don't they?
"I admit that my visions can never mean to other men as much as they do to me.. All I ask is that my results should convince seekers (of) truth that there is beyond doubt something worth seeking."

Chicsa

• Botonitect
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +172
  • Ikhinsh Toksali
Re: Entheogens that will grow well in SoCal?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 02:31:23 AM »

what part of socal? From my knowledge the ecology there can vary quite a bit.

That being said various SoCal growers I know are able to grow things you wouldn't expect such as ayahuasca and chacruna.

reds

• Resident Panthiest
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 03:42:49 AM »

I'm in Orange county. Very dry and hot.

I'm also hoping to find decorative entheogens. I don't want people to look at my collection of plants and wonder what they're for, if you get my drift.
Nice flowers or scent, striking foliage, or very fast growth is a plus.
"I admit that my visions can never mean to other men as much as they do to me.. All I ask is that my results should convince seekers (of) truth that there is beyond doubt something worth seeking."

Chicsa

• Botonitect
  • Global Moderator
  • Ikhinsh Toksali
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 06:14:43 AM »

My aunt lives in the O.C. and I know some people there that can grow some rather humid loving plants. I'll be in town in March. Hunington Beach area...
You're not as limited as you may think by being in the hot and mostly dry climate. I got stuck in the O.C. last september due to Hurricane Irma, haha not a bad place to be stuck.

reds

• Resident Panthiest
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 10:28:58 PM »

Would you be able to recommend any specific ones?

Chicsa

• Botonitect
  • Global Moderator
  • Ikhinsh Toksali
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 01:32:01 AM »

I dont know the extent of microclimates out there, but I know of at least one person who has grown a chacruna to flower and b. caapi out there in the LA Metro. I think some are able to do hawiian baby wood rose, morning glories, vilca and yopo, kanna, Kratom, catha, syrian rue, passiflora, mimosa hostillis, several others. I'm sure some people who live in SoCal may chime in and have more to add. I know its a dry place, but its not as dry as the high desert, or even New Mexico. I only mention this because being from Florida my skin loves the swamp, and anytime I'm in the desert my skin breaks out really bad. It has never done that on any of my trips to coastal California. I have some picks of my last visit to the LA Metro, but I didnt grab picks of some of the more familiar plants to me, my goal that trip was to see big trichos.
http://sharetheseeds.me/forum/index.php?topic=4943.0
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 01:36:06 AM by Chicsa »

JMZ

• Trading Score: +149
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2018, 01:38:27 PM »

I bet Catha edulis would do great in that environment. Even though it’s nothing like ayahuasca, it’s such a pretty and lush plant that nobody would question why you have it. I keep mine on the steps to my front door.
Kratom is my fountain of youth.