Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: P. Viridis infection  (Read 2207 times)

caguama

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +15
P. Viridis infection
« on: November 23, 2018, 01:27:19 AM »

I noticed my P. Viridis has some sort of infection/pathogen on some of it's growth. I performed a search but was not able to find other threads with this type of infection that I am seeing. I'm not well versed in plant pathology, especially with PV. What do you think it is and how should I proceed to treat it? Thank you.

Caguama

Bach

• Chacruna whisperer
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +406
Re: P. Viridis infection
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 03:09:49 AM »

What kind of temperatures are your plants exposed to, high and low?  And how much humidity?

Without knowing your conditions I would hazard a guess that the temps are too low for those small plants.  Also some nute deficiency going on. Give me specifics though and I can make a more accurate guess.
Forget the night, live with us in forests of azure.

caguama

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +15
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 11:35:25 AM »

Temperatures are averaging around mid 70's in the day and low in the in 50's evenings. The plants are in an unheated greenhouse. If the temperatures are a problem, what would be a great way to heat the greenhouse (without some electrical device)?

As for humidity, I'm not sure and I spray the greenhouse with water mist. Perhaps a thermometer that can measure humidity would come handy.

Bach

• Chacruna whisperer
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +406
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 04:01:44 AM »

Yeah for plants that size regular temps in the low 50's will cause them to look like that. Perhaps adding something to provide thermal mass to the GH would help.
Forget the night, live with us in forests of azure.