Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Trichocereus mushroom after a week away from my grow!  (Read 5268 times)

OfCows

• Trading Score: +75
  • Glad to be here!
Trichocereus mushroom after a week away from my grow!
« on: July 26, 2018, 06:47:18 PM »

Hey,

I hope everybody's enjoying the summer and your gardens are flourishing!

I've got rid of this now (scooped it out with a sterile spoon), but thought I'd share some pictures of the little mushroom that appeared in one of my Trichocereus tubs I had left unsupervised for a week while on holiday...growers beware, not all fungi is welcome!

;) Cheers,

OfCows
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 06:48:10 PM by OfCows »
A man's errors are his portals to discovery...

XDX

• Trading Score: +72
Re: Trichocereus mushroom after a week away from my grow!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 04:17:50 AM »

i would definitely need some closer pics for a more positive ID, but 90% its probably some Parasola plicata or possibly Coprinellus or other related. They pop up all over my toad tank when i flood it, and occasionally in my potted plants. removing the mushroom will not destroy the fungus that lives in the soil, but its nothing to worry about either. usually these mushrooms pop up and melt away in less than 24hrs. if anything, the fungus helping release nutrients for your lil cacti to soak up easier. dont be surprised if more pop up!
makes for nice pictures anyway, thanks for sharing!

OfCows

• Trading Score: +75
  • Glad to be here!
Re: Trichocereus mushroom after a week away from my grow!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 12:49:36 PM »

Cheers for the feedback, never heard of those particular fungi so I now have something else to add to my research list! Nothing's come back yet so not sure whether I managed to scoop out the whole mycelium before it spread too much or if we'll meet again... Looks OK at present though!

;) Glad you liked the pictures anyway, I thought it was pretty cool!
A man's errors are his portals to discovery...