Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Red Khat problems  (Read 2723 times)

JMZ

• Trading Score: +149
Red Khat problems
« on: June 26, 2018, 11:20:31 PM »

I’ve had a few khat for several years now. The narrow leaf, green khat always seem to be pretty happy, look good, and grow at a reasonable rate. I’ve never had success with the red khat, they always look sickly and eventually die. I think it’s strange because I treat them all the same, and a member on another forum is experiencing the same issues as I am. I think the red would be beautiful if I can get it healthy. I repotted it, I hope it improves. I’ll try to post a picture. The main problem I see is that the trunk has a white discoloration and a bumpy texture, and there are only leaves near the tips. Any advice would be appreciated.
Kratom is my fountain of youth.

Aloron

Re: Red Khat problems
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 11:30:58 AM »

Sorry I've never had the pleasure of growing it I hope you figure it out if your looking to trade id really love to try it out

suchness

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 07:05:13 PM »

I have had the same issues with red khat, most of my plants have died. Its really the water that kills them too much the leaves fall it dies. I found that a good draining soil with vermiculite and constant attention will keep them alive they are super needy. Once they harden a bit they are easier to care for.
Good Luck

Darwins Farm

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +16
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 08:29:41 PM »

Interesting..

I have been having moderate success with my broadleaf variety. Leaves are quite green but I suspect this is what they call "pink".

Do you have a broadleaf variety? Or just the narrow?

I acquired mine from WeberSeeds..

JMZ

• Trading Score: +149
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 05:08:40 PM »

My broad leaf red khat seems to be doing better now. I gave it a blast of a mix of Foxfarm fertilizers and it’s really bouncing back. The new growth looks fresh and flexable, unlike the previous growth which looked dry, woody, and rigid. I’m usually pretty conservative with fertilizers, I guess that wasn’t the right thing for this particular plant. I’ll re-pot it soon and add way more perlite. My narrow leaf khat have exploded this year, clipping branch tips seems to encourage more growth.
Kratom is my fountain of youth.