Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: New (to me) Salvia Divinorum plants  (Read 2416 times)

Offwidth

• Trading Score: +4
New (to me) Salvia Divinorum plants
« on: June 12, 2018, 07:21:13 PM »

So I recently received someones Salvia plants that they used to use as mothers mainly, and a few of their starts. The plants unfortunately are looking a little worse for wear, the leaves seem to be lacking a lot of chlorophyll, and the stems that were cut for propagation are dead and hollow. They are also a little purple from the sun, but that will just take time from my understanding. My goal is to bring back the big mother, and a few of the medium sized plants and trade the rest really, but I would like them to be a little healthier. I just got them on Sunday, they're from the same state and general climate, but they were kept in an outdoor greenhouse. I plan on keeping them inside for the next couple of weeks at least. Other than time, filtered and partial sun, does anyone have any suggestions?

LIBERTYNY

• Trading Score: +85
Re: New (to me) Salvia Divinorum plants
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 03:37:38 AM »

Mature sally stems are hollow.

I see signs of Fe deficiency, as well as sunburn (the darker purplish spots),  Otherwise they look good.

I would give them a shot of cheated Fe supplement like ironite, and something like 50% filtered sunlight to start, They can likely take alot more light but its best to go slow.
III%

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • Trading Score: +140
  • <3
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 12:16:51 PM »

Based on my experience I'd contest it being sunburn. I always believed sally can't handle the direct sun, at least not mid summers noon sun. Then once I wasn't able to care for mine and asked someone to do what they can do. Well, they planted sally in the middle of a meadow, from spring to fall, with temperatures going up to 40°C + and the sun burning down on it mercylessli, as it had no shade or cover.
I was surprised when I saw it again, it did very well.
Leaves do not scorch if the plant is healthy and also Sally can take a beating, it will just grow back, adapted to the new situation. Stop babying Sallys  ;D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 12:21:07 PM by BubbleCat »
Praise is mandatory.

chronic

• Trading Score: +97
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 02:47:53 PM »

BubbleCat this is just right.