Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Introductory post  (Read 1592 times)

WildandForaged

Introductory post
« on: March 27, 2018, 08:11:05 PM »

Hey all, I'm so excited and feel beyond blessed to have been introduced into this community!

A little about me, I am 21 and I have been into gardening for myself for the last 2ish years. When I was a young one, I actually spent all my time out in nature... hiking... gardening with mom, finding caterpillars and ladybugs at school recess and giving them new homes when I brought them home with me. I left all of that for video games around age 9... then picked nature back up at age 17 slightly, but really took off with her at age 19.

The reason I got into gardening:

At around 16 years old I got very ill with Viral Meningitis. After 2 days of miserable headaches and not being able to see in the light I went to see the doctor. They immediately sent me to the ER and hospitalized me for a week under quarantine.. I was told I was lucky I went to the doctor when I did. If left alone it could've been fatal. Finally when I was released they prescribed me... you guessed It, heavy pain killers. I took them until I ran out but the residual pain was still excruciating. I missed school every other day due to the pain. On the days I did go in, I would move my head so much while taking my notes (constant moving my head up and down looking from the board to my paper) it would trigger my headaches and I would get nauseous. This in turn would lead to me not being in class the rest of those days.. (school policy, if you throw up on campus you have to stay at the nurses till the day is over, or get picked up)

So anyways, I resulted to taking TONS of extra strength Tylenol. I took them as long as my brain still felt the pain. Ended up being 3 months AFTER running out of the hard prescriptions. Now this was a big mistake.

(No one ever told me this.. this was my own self diagnosis) With all those NSAID's in my system, my stomach lining got destroyed. I started throwing up every day. Even blood at times. Now at this point I'm 17.

The doctors start doing tons of tests on me because my parents really want to find out the issue. Well after 2 years of doing test.. (I had to drop out of public highschool during this whole time) and in the end.. they came out with no diagnosis other than stomach ulcers and IBS. The ulcers healed but the symptoms persisted. So they weren't dead set on their diagnosis. They kept looking for other things. (More tests) at which point after about 5 tests that came up inconclusive each time.. I said I'm done. The last 2 tests I had invlovled needles and wreckless/careless people. 1 guy poked my arm with a butterfly needle and WIGGLED IT AROUND until finally hitting my vein instead of going straight into the spot like they usually do. Very unpleasant. The other test, they drew blood and I forget what it was exactly... they either untied the strap on my arm too early or too late. But I passed out. Hah. And again... no diagnosis. I said "hope you got enough money doc, because I am done spending it to hear nothing"

At this time in my life... I was completely anti any substance. I never drank, never had a cig.. no recreational drugs.. I loved my body and I loved western medicine... until it failed me for 3 almost 4 years.

Anyways... since I have always been a very open minded person.. this lead to me being at my friends grandparents one night.. yeah we did some things...  like sitting around a table outside at midnight shooting the shit talking and laughing.. don't disregard that we were using the healing plant the united states has been prohibiting for decades now. I wont name it because rules, but I hope the context I mention it in is fair for your guys' standards. The plant sessions is so worried about for some reason.. that one.

Anyways.. yeah.. that night.. I felt relief I had never felt before. And I thought wow.. the planet had my fix and the doctors didn't.

Ever since Then I have been working tirelessly to make changes in my life. Yeah that 1 plant brought me instantaneous relief that night. But it wasn't a cure. It just helped me get through. So.. what is the cure? What do I do? What changes need to be made? Eating foods that otherwise don't imbalance your gut biome is what I felt i had figured to be the change I needed.

I asked myself.. "If I praised my body so much, why did I feed it compounds it shouldn't be fed. Why wasn't it being taken care of by my own decisions in life such as what I ingest?"

Now I grow my own organic produce to eat and herbs to utilize in different aspects. It's completely flipped my life upside down. I can function on a completely normal level again.

That sequence of events and train of thought lead to the single most important changes in my life. Me fully dedicating my future to sustainable organic gardening methods on this planet while learning about everything it has to offer, and me helping to preserve it's vast variety of amazing life changing plants that we as a species have barely even begun to understand effective utilization in our daily lives. From our food to our medicine even down to little tools and up to big structures for shelter, the plants on this planet can provide it all.

Sorry for the excessive story and post! I like being detailed and descriptive. Now you know me and why I am where I'm at in life today!

I realize I posted this in the wrong spot. I posted it again in the right place.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 08:16:44 PM by WildandForaged »