Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is there a way to induce rapid adaption in plants?  (Read 5705 times)

The Clam

• Trading Score: +20
Re: Is there a way to induce rapid adaption in plants?
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2017, 03:52:08 AM »

Well, I defiantly do have the time and drive to do such a thing and being in Washington, there are just about every area except tropical around here. Really the only thing limiting me at this point is money but iv managed to Jerry rig or acquire everything iv ever needed thus far without to much hassle. Really the three things i'm working on accomplishing in a few plants (caapi being one and maybe even kava though its tricky because of the whole no seeds and especially finicky aspects) is water resistance, cold resistance and lower light condition resistance. I do have a 4 year history of keeping things of all zones alive indoors as well so keeping controlled environments is not too big of an issue. I could be being a bit to enthusiastic but hey i'm young and love projects like this lol.

ONandONandON

• Trading Score: +76
  • Looking 4 Supercalifragilistic Expialidocious Spp.
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2018, 01:28:33 AM »

This reminds me of a thread a while back where we talked about spraying plants with glycerol to help prevent freezing.
http://sharetheseeds.me/forum/index.php?topic=2411.msg17894#msg17894 ....still havn't tried that easy experiment...

Another semi-natural way might be crossbreeding with other closely related plant species, that have the desired traits.
we all come from the garden and to it we shall return

The Clam

• Trading Score: +20
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2018, 11:00:14 AM »

This reminds me of a thread a while back where we talked about spraying plants with glycerol to help prevent freezing.
http://sharetheseeds.me/forum/index.php?topic=2411.msg17894#msg17894 ....still havn't tried that easy experiment...

Another semi-natural way might be crossbreeding with other closely related plant species, that have the desired traits.

That's a pretty out of the box solution. I wonder if it ever worked?
Pages: 1 [2]