Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: edible and medicinal mushrooms!  (Read 236 times)

• TF Mod
  • Trading Score: +168
  • In the moment.....
edible and medicinal mushrooms!
« on: December 21, 2017, 06:12:17 pm »

I am looking for spores or cultures of any medicinal or edible mushrooms. Ive went the mushroom route for several years now and I want to expand into more different species than I currently grow. I will gladly trade seeds or reishi spawn? Thanks in advance!
Everyone carries a piece of the puzzle. Nobody comes into your life by mere coincidence. Trust your instincts. Do the unexpected. Find the others.
~Timothy Leary~

eye of ibad

Re: edible and medicinal mushrooms!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 01:00:18 am »

Hey rakeandbake! That's awesome that you are trying to expand your horizons. I haven't broken out my cultures in over a year now, but if I do it soon I will let you know.

I know this isn't what you wanted, but my trick for getting good edible cultures was simply to order small amounts of spawn and culture from that. It's not ideal from a commercial production standpoint because the culture isn't... as fresh as it could be (I wouldn't recommend using it for long-term culture maintenance), but I found great success with that method and I was able to get dozens of top strains for hundreds of dollars rather than thousands or tens of thousands for my bootstrap mushroom farm. AlohaMedicinals has great seasonal multi-packs of spawn for very reasonable prices and you get the top tried and true commercial strains.

Good luck to ya! I'll try to help you out if I can but I can't make any promises for the near future.

You can always culture mushrooms from the grocery store too!

• Trading Score: +10
  • Germany https://prism-break.org ॐ
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 11:43:58 am »

This guy is doing a great job. Paul Stamets is doing mushroom research and owns a company supplying equipment as well as cultures.

I´d throw my money at him  :)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 11:55:56 am by dEEcor »

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +15
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 09:33:22 pm »

Paul Stamets is the man! Has many patents, a myco genius. Watch his YT videos. Sells plugs on his site. Waiting for my blue and pearl oysters, and shiitake to pop out of these old logs any day now.