Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Newbie From NJ Intro  (Read 2686 times)

Organicanna

Newbie From NJ Intro
« on: August 30, 2017, 05:59:03 PM »

Howdy folks,

Just joined ... well, actually. .. I joined awhile back and Im just now getting around to filling in my profile and making my overdue intro post  😆

I havent perused the forum deeply yet, but it looks like its something right up my alley

Ive been interested and have been gardening for over 30 yrs with the last ten or so focusing upon sustainability and organic gardening methods. Soil building through a diversified but local source of materials intrests me. I use many various composting methods intensively including common ones like thermodynamic composting, bokashi composting, leaf mold composting, vermicomposting etc etc.

Microbiology has also become a great intrest and is an intricate player within soil building.

Ive only recently begun growing various indigenous sacred plants but have managed to do very well with anything Ive tried growing. I'm a firm advocate of establishing a personal and intimate relationship with these plants before opening myself up to their teachings. So far we seem to be getting along well ✌

Im hoping to expand my knowlege base within all subjects listed above as well as hopefully share my few shreds of experiences, share the plants/cacti/fungi that have been entrusted to me and hopefully be introduced to planys/cacti/fungi I have yet to make acquaintances with.

What interesting times we are currently sharing this ride upon!!
"Look!  Look!  Look deep into nature and you will understand everything."  -   Albert Einstein

nikshaz

• Trading Score: +151
  • This is gods work, creation..just create ethically
Re: Newbie From NJ Intro
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 06:08:54 PM »

Heck yeah man! Welcome :)

Nice growing list too!
We are our own creators

The man with the seeds is the man indeed

Bach

• Chacruna whisperer
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +406
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 05:10:31 AM »

Sounds like you're up the same alley as most of us.   ;D

Welcome aboard!
Forget the night, live with us in forests of azure.

Frog Pajamas

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +576
  • Zone 7A
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 02:51:09 PM »

Great intro! Welcome!

Organicanna

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 05:48:52 PM »

Thanks for the warm welcome fellow travelers.
I hope to become more active as there seems to be allot of knowledge and experience being humbly shared.
But as in all pursuits ..... time becomes the bottleneck that throttles ambition
 ✌  🌿  🌵  🍄  🌠
"Look!  Look!  Look deep into nature and you will understand everything."  -   Albert Einstein

Frog Pajamas

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +576
  • Zone 7A
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 07:58:09 PM »

"But as in all pursuits ..... time becomes the bottleneck that throttles ambition"

Now I know you'll fit right in! :-p 

We aren't the worlds busiest forum, but the long timers here are around. And the snails pace of posts helps keep from getting too far behind. :-D

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +929
  • Tye dyed spirit
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2017, 10:44:48 PM »

Welcome to STS!
Spreading love!

Inyan

• Trading Score: +28
  • Find what makes you happy and do it.
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2017, 07:59:17 PM »

Nice to meet you. I love growing from seed as well. I particularly enjoy growing seed that I have pollinated myself or that I know someone else has pollinated as I like to see what nature can be coaxed into giving with a little help from her friends.
Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.