Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: How do I root m speciousa and salvia?  (Read 5094 times)

The Clam

• Trading Score: +20
How do I root m speciousa and salvia?
« on: June 16, 2017, 10:08:40 AM »

Title

chronic

• Trading Score: +97
Re: How do I root m speciousa and salvia?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 11:07:01 AM »

Cut the cuttings and put them in Coco Soil. Keep moist but not wet in a mini greenhouse. After four weeks you should see the Salvia growing. This is the sign that it has roots. For at least two weeks in the soil then in a new home. At Kratom it takes longer.

The Clam

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 11:08:25 AM »

Cut the cuttings and put them in Coco Soil. Keep moist but not wet in a mini greenhouse. After four weeks you should see the Salvia growing. This is the sign that it has roots. For at least two weeks in the soil then in a new home. At Kratom it takes longer.

Alright, could I do straight water?

chronic

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 11:14:02 AM »

Sorry i did not understand that. What you mean? You put the cuttings in the damp, not wet soil and press the soil be carefull thats not fall over.

The Clam

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 11:19:55 AM »

Sorry i did not understand that. What you mean? You put the cuttings in the damp, not wet soil and press the soil be carefull thats not fall over.

No I mean put it in water instead of soil all together. I don't have coco coir so I figured id just use a cup of water in a humidity set up

chronic

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 11:30:33 AM »

Salvia works well in water. However, it can be times that they rot in it. With Kratom i did not have good experiences in water. The better method is in Coco.

The Clam

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 11:53:13 AM »

Salvia works well in water. However, it can be times that they rot in it. With Kratom i did not have good experiences in water. The better method is in Coco.

well il figure something out, thanks for the info :)

chronic

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2017, 12:03:30 PM »

Gladly  ;)

Darwins Farm

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +16
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2017, 01:56:24 PM »

Method described by chronic is essentially what I have been doing.
With salvia, I like to remove 1 or 2 node sets that will go under the soil line. I do not remove or cut in half any of the leaves as I would with many other plants. Salvia seems to do better with the leaves intact even though I often lose the lowest leaves during the process. I plant the cutting into a soilless mix (coco or promix) in a 1 pint or 4" pot. I sit the whole pot and cutting in a 10x20 seed tray with 7" humidity dome, vents lightly cracked. I can fit 3-5 cuttings in each tray and dome. Twice a day I remove the dome for 5 mins and spray the inside of the dome with water. If plants looks parched I spray the foliage too. After a few weeks roots are coming from the drain holes and I begin to harden them off to outside the dome.

For M Speciousa I have good success with the same method listed above (except I half the lower and mid level leaves) when it is just 2 or 3 cuts I have taken. When I want to take 25+ cuts I like to use 1.5" oasis cubes. Same process for most part though. Open dome two times per day and spray dome inside. One thing I notice.. M Speciousa likes to stay very wet \ humid for the first 3-5 days. If you don't they can start wilting. After 3-5 days you wanna back way off on humidity though or they will start rotting. They seem to need time to ease into rootless life without wilting heavily.

Hopefully something in there helps. Ill add pics.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 01:59:36 PM by Darwins Farm »

The Clam

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2017, 09:56:17 PM »

Method described by chronic is essentially what I have been doing.
With salvia, I like to remove 1 or 2 node sets that will go under the soil line. I do not remove or cut in half any of the leaves as I would with many other plants. Salvia seems to do better with the leaves intact even though I often lose the lowest leaves during the process. I plant the cutting into a soilless mix (coco or promix) in a 1 pint or 4" pot. I sit the whole pot and cutting in a 10x20 seed tray with 7" humidity dome, vents lightly cracked. I can fit 3-5 cuttings in each tray and dome. Twice a day I remove the dome for 5 mins and spray the inside of the dome with water. If plants looks parched I spray the foliage too. After a few weeks roots are coming from the drain holes and I begin to harden them off to outside the dome.

For M Speciousa I have good success with the same method listed above (except I half the lower and mid level leaves) when it is just 2 or 3 cuts I have taken. When I want to take 25+ cuts I like to use 1.5" oasis cubes. Same process for most part though. Open dome two times per day and spray dome inside. One thing I notice.. M Speciousa likes to stay very wet \ humid for the first 3-5 days. If you don't they can start wilting. After 3-5 days you wanna back way off on humidity though or they will start rotting. They seem to need time to ease into rootless life without wilting heavily.

Hopefully something in there helps. Ill add pics.

Appreciate it, thanks for the insight :)

Darwins Farm

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +16
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2017, 05:29:26 PM »

Both of these are anchored solid in promix after just 12 days.

ONandONandON

• Trading Score: +76
  • Looking 4 Supercalifragilistic Expialidocious Spp.
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2017, 08:40:08 PM »

last year i had around 80% success rate with kratom cuttings in a cup of water,
set into a bucket, with some water at the bottom, and covered with plastic bag.
we all come from the garden and to it we shall return

SKUNK

• Trading Score: +69
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2017, 10:52:25 PM »

For Salvia Divinorum  I've had good success in the past rooting them in straight Spagnum moss then tucked into a mini greenhouse made out of a Rubbermaid tote.  I'll mist daily or more often for the 1st week then slowly back off misting over the next 2 weeks and slowly reduce Relitive humidity and give more FAE in the Mini Greenhouse during week 2-3 until they are actively growing.  Then I'll have to pot them up into a proper airy soil mix to promote root growth. 

I lost all my rooted plants last winter when I wasn't able to tend to them for personal reasons.   This morning I was gifted a cutting and ended up getting 3 lovely cuts out I'd the one.  So hopefully in about 2-3 weeks I'll have rooted plans. 

Best of luck with your project

Skunk
The best time to plant seeds was 5 years ago; the next best time is right now!

The Clam

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2017, 01:01:06 AM »

Thank you to everyone for the advice :)