Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: new member  (Read 4226 times)

whitethumb

« on: June 10, 2017, 08:07:07 PM »

i'm finding out just posting is pretty difficult especially on a cellphone. do i always have to answer these questions to post?

whitethumb

Re: new member
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 08:22:14 PM »

hello and thanks for having me

this site was highly recommended by a good friend from another forum. sorry about the 1st post, i got a little excited as i was having a lot of difficulty replying to threads with all the questions that needed to be answered before allowing replies but i digress

i love to garden and have a few things i currently have going at the moment.

ueihtam

• Trader
  • Trading Score: 10
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 09:09:51 PM »

welcome whitethumb !
« Ils ont essayé de nous enterrer. Ils ne savaient pas que nous étions des graines » - proverbe mexicain.

"They tried to bury us. They did not know we were seeds "- Mexican proverb.

SKUNK

• Trading Score: +69
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 10:28:00 PM »

Welcome Brother!   Glad you singed up and I'm sure you will fit right in around here.

Skunk
The best time to plant seeds was 5 years ago; the next best time is right now!

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • Trading Score: +140
  • <3
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 01:32:36 AM »

You will not always have to answer questions or go through anything security related. We had an episode of spambots causing annoyance. There is no way for us to tell humans from computers when first signing up, that is why newcomers, prior to being promoted to 'member status' have to prove they are human.

'Member status' is quickly granted after a first general impression, including a filled out profile page (wish, share and grow list) and a few quality posts on topic that show interest.
Praise is mandatory.

Mangrove

• Li'l Lorax
  • Trading Score: +191
  • We're all here because we're not all there.
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 04:30:52 AM »

Welcome to our community! May I ask just what you mean by white thumb? The first two things which assault my mind at the mention of that are Scarface and that time I coated myself in Diatomaceous Earth (for reasons far beyond the scope of Rule #2). I'd love to know what lead you to choose such a white name in a green thumb'd town.
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.--Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • Trading Score: +140
  • <3
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 03:33:33 PM »

Did you dry out ?
Praise is mandatory.

whitethumb

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2017, 03:53:57 PM »

You will not always have to answer questions or go through anything security related. We had an episode of spambots causing annoyance. There is no way for us to tell humans from computers when first signing up, that is why newcomers, prior to being promoted to 'member status' have to prove they are human.

'Member status' is quickly granted after a first general impression, including a filled out profile page (wish, share and grow list) and a few quality posts on topic that show interest.

that makes a lot of sense, now not that i'm typing my reply i do not see the security questions.

whitethumb

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2017, 03:58:46 PM »

Welcome to our community! May I ask just what you mean by white thumb? The first two things which assault my mind at the mention of that are Scarface and that time I coated myself in Diatomaceous Earth (for reasons far beyond the scope of Rule #2). I'd love to know what lead you to choose such a white name in a green thumb'd town.

whitethumb is my username on most forums so i tend to keep it when i can on new forums. i have over 10 years of experience with growing fungi so the name "whitethumb" is fitting.

nikshaz

• Trading Score: +151
  • This is gods work, creation..just create ethically
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2017, 07:27:58 PM »

Welcome! Now we can add some years to horticulture/ethnobotany!
We are our own creators

The man with the seeds is the man indeed

whitethumb

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2017, 09:14:55 PM »

thank you, and yes i agree.

great minds think alike