Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Erythroxylum Novogranatense var Novogranatense  (Read 3036 times)

Bigbadwooof

Erythroxylum Novogranatense var Novogranatense
« on: June 04, 2017, 02:22:15 AM »

Hello,

I happen to be in possession of 22 E. Novo berries, and 7 of them have just sprouted. This is my third attempt at growing them, and I am curious if any of you have any pointers regarding lighting, soil composition, humidity, temperature, or whatever else. I personally have collected quite a bit of information that I would be happy to share, but if anyone has extensive experience with these, lay it on me!

FewTrueSeed

• Many Meiosis
  • Trading Score: +134
  • Fungophile
Re: Erythroxylum Novogranatense var Novogranatense
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 04:40:15 AM »

I have struggled with them. Seedlings are sensitive to light changes. Early stages watch for fungus. Good luck.
Never portray yourself to betray yourself, there is no I in self.

https://mycotek.org/index.php?members/fewtrueseed.1965/

Rife

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +14
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 11:33:12 PM »

Supposedly: Watch out for fungus gnats, they have sensitive roots. Seems moderately strong light is best, flourescents, low wattage metal halide, etc. They turn yellow with strong light, green with softer light. They do respond well to strong light, supposedly better than E.c.c. Pruning will prevent them from transitioning from a bush to a tree, at which point they are less active.  They might respond well to humic acids and beneficial mycorrhizae, such as the product "Recharge" and "OG Biowar Foliar Pack" (rootdrench)

ONandONandON

• Trading Score: +76
  • Looking 4 Supercalifragilistic Expialidocious Spp.
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 05:37:12 PM »

NOT COLD TOLERANT AT ALL  >:(
we all come from the garden and to it we shall return

themallacht

• Trading Score: +5
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 10:45:52 PM »

In my experience they do best with a really light, airy soil but relatively frequent waterings. One of those weird plants that NEVER wants to be wet, but always wants to be at least slightly moist. They're kind of a pain in the ass, but once established relatively easy. Mine eventually died due to neglect but I had 3-5 or so really successful ones for a while, many years ago. They seemed to like my cactus mix, which makes sense, lots of minerals.