Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Looking to compile a list of plant based GABA agnoists  (Read 3561 times)

The Clam

• Trading Score: +20
Looking to compile a list of plant based GABA agnoists
« on: May 09, 2017, 04:09:55 AM »

So far I have found:

Kava - Problem here being difficult to cultivate out of proper environment making it hard to gain footing

Skullcap - Problem here being I've heard of liver damage being associated with it but have yet to figure out if its real or a kava like scare

Certain Sage species - I've seen some very interesting study's and heard some interesting anecdotal accounts involving clary sage and miltirone containing sage's but I have yet to see any safety study's on taking internally.   

I am wanting to find more with the hope to find safer anxiolytic's so any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks,
The Clam
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 04:11:03 AM by The Clam »

ONandONandON

• Trading Score: +76
  • Looking 4 Supercalifragilistic Expialidocious Spp.
Re: Looking to compile a list of plant based GABA agnoists
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 09:59:33 AM »

Many chemicals are naturally derived so sorting threw the blue tables at the bottom of wiki can provide many good starts.....

magnolia tree bark
amanita muscaria
Valerian root
Passifloria

sorry i to lazy to provide links, but these are some anxiolitics..

Amentoflavone is a biflavonoid (bis-apigenin coupled at 8 and 3' positions, or 3′,8′′-biapigenin) constituent of a number of plants including Ginkgo biloba, Chamaecyparis obtusa (hinoki), Hypericum perforatum (St. John’s Wort)[1] and Xerophyta plicata.[2]

Apigenin is found in many fruits and vegetables, but parsley, celery, celeriac, and chamomile tea are the most common sources.[19] Apigenin is particularly abundant in the flowers of chamomile plants, constituting 68% of total flavonoids.[16]

Baicalin is found in several species in the genus Scutellaria, including Scutellaria baicalensis and Scutellaria lateriflora. There are 10 mg/g baicalin in Scutellaria galericulata leaves.[1] It is one of the chemical ingredients of Sho-Saiko-To, an herbal supplement. It is also present in the bark isolate of the Oroxylum indicum tree.

Wogonin is an O-methylated flavone, a flavonoid-like chemical compound which was found in Scutellaria baicalensis.[2]

Safranal is an organic compound isolated from saffron, the spice consisting of the stigmas of crocus flowers (Crocus sativus). It is the constituent primarily responsible for the aroma of saffron.

Isovaline is a rare amino acid transported to earth by the Murchison meteorite, which landed in Australia in 1969. The discovery of isovaline in the biosphere demonstrates an extraterrestrial origin of amino acids and has been linked to the homochirality of life on earth [1] suggesting a role in the origin of life.[2]
we all come from the garden and to it we shall return

The Clam

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 11:54:08 AM »

Thanks for all the info :), that last part about the amino acid was especially interesting and I think im gonna be looking at that later.

Mangrove

• Li'l Lorax
  • Trading Score: +191
  • We're all here because we're not all there.
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 09:45:34 AM »

IIRC, certain Beta Carbolines, such as harmaline, are GABAa receptor antagonists which seem to (unlike most GABA-ergics) antagonize the region which Benzodiazepines bind to, and thus may induce spasms/seizures in rodents/humans. If you take GABA-ergics for medical purposes, I'd highly suggest steering clear of harmala alkaloids, alongside plants rich in harmala alkaloids; although there are only a few studies on this effect, it's better to be safe than Carpe Diem...
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.--Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

The Clam

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 12:09:19 AM »

IIRC, certain Beta Carbolines, such as harmaline, are GABAa receptor antagonists which seem to (unlike most GABA-ergics) antagonize the region which Benzodiazepines bind to, and thus may induce spasms/seizures in rodents/humans. If you take GABA-ergics for medical purposes, I'd highly suggest steering clear of harmala alkaloids, alongside plants rich in harmala alkaloids; although there are only a few studies on this effect, it's better to be safe than Carpe Diem...

Interesting, thanks for the info.