Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: What's wrong with this plant?  (Read 3317 times)

Psylocke

• Curandero
  • Trading Score: +56
  • Howdy Y'all
What's wrong with this plant?
« on: March 18, 2017, 11:24:58 PM »

Anybody ever seen this before? I've been growing cacti for about 15 years and have never seen this. Lost a large portion of my collection last year to it. It starts at the bottom and moves up over a period  of 1-2 months. The only way I have found to save the plant is to top it and re-root. Sometimes even that doesn't work. The only thing I can think of is that last year I put most of my plants on top of wooden planks to keep the snails away. Maybe some fungus in the wood made it way into the soil and roots.
Undergoing the formality of being alive.

nobody

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +335
  • Hidden Member Extraordinaire
Re: What's wrong with this plant?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 01:42:17 AM »

Looks like rot caused by fungus. I lost several Pachanoi last year that looked the same, all the plants that were affected had some damage caused by moths. Used some fungicide and stopped watering for 3 months and it stopped spreading. Make sure to quarantine that one (and any other affected) from your other plants, should probably discard the soil somewhere far away.

nobody :)
¨At any time, you can turn on your computer, log into Facebook and watch humanity´s collective ego, mid masturbation¨.