Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Earth battery, free energy, very simple.  (Read 4806 times)

ONandONandON

• Trading Score: +76
  • Looking 4 Supercalifragilistic Expialidocious Spp.
Earth battery, free energy, very simple.
« on: January 21, 2017, 02:30:49 AM »

Came across this Earth battery on youtube,
just thought it might be a cool experiment..

we all come from the garden and to it we shall return

GrowerAndaShower

• Trading Score: +31
Re: Earth battery, free energy, very simple.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 10:13:35 PM »

Seems like a cool idea, but I'd be worried about the metals leaching into the soil and killing the plant after some time... Anyone else wanna chime in? Am I worrying about something I don't need to?
Back with a vengeance! And TITS!

ONandONandON

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 02:03:21 AM »

This is impractical in pots, and would probably hurt the plants, but maybe it could work outside.. i need a multimeter to figure out if this works.
ive heard in a documentary that using copper tools can somehow benifit the plants, but idk it could be set up outside of the garden area also.

({almost related idea:} it's easy to copper plate metal objects (garden tools) using electrolosis of copper sulfate (available at hardware store)

ONandONandON

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 04:56:48 AM »

i have some copper pipe cut into pieces, might try something with that eventually...

anyways i found some interesting videos about howto create electricity in the garden..

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • Trading Score: +140
  • <3
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 10:14:55 AM »

In my eyes the problem with this is: Its not even rechargeable, it is a simple battery. This means: There is no net energy generation, much more metal electrode and anode are eaten away over time, producing new ones would require serious energy. So its more like a poor way of energy transfer, since the energy for production of the metal already was available to humanity once.

If one now could replace the electrodes; say a piece of coal from renewable source and a compatible renewable partner for it, that might work in terms of making energy available for human use.
Praise is mandatory.

ONandONandON

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 10:15:41 PM »

"If one now could replace the electrodes; say a piece of coal from renewable source and a compatible renewable partner for it, that might work in terms of making energy available for human use."

=^.^= that sounds a lot like the 'albanian style' microbial fuel cell..
sorry i haven't been working on this, there is just not enough time.

Why Copper Garden Tools?

Copper gardening tools enrich the soils with coppertrace elements and thereby provide plants with essential nutrients
    They are hardwearing and will last for years
    Stay free of rust  – but age with a graceful bronze patina, perfect for the coastal gardener
    They have sharp edges
    They have an incomparably longer lifespan than devices from iron
    Viktor Schauberger came to the assessment that cultivating the soil with copper implements would be more beneficial to the Earth and lead to healthier plants. In his writings, he listed several reasons for this.
    Minute amounts of copper create the conditions for beneficial micro-organisms
    Penetrate the soil easily -low coefficient of friction- less tendency for clay to cling to the tool
    Copper is not magnetic - so does not disrupt the electrical fields in the soil
    Can be kept sharp with a whetstone, file or by peening (hammering the edge against a steel anvil)
    Production experience since 20 years. Quality confirmed by enthusiastic gardeners.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/soil-fertilizers/copper-for-the-garden.htm